Social Anxiety and Sinus Issues?

Posted , 7 users are following.

My anxiety has been really up and down lately. I went around 3 months of non-stop anxiety and panic. I got all the symptoms people usually get with anxiety, every day- all day. It was the most exhausting thing I've ever experienced. I got relief for around 2 weeks. Then some stuff happened and now I'm right back to being anxious. But I noticed that I'm super sensitive to noise and people. I could be sitting on my laptop with the tv on and if two people are in the other room talking loudly, I'll lose it. I'll start having hot flashes, my heart will race, and my whole head will feel super weird. It's like I'm really sensitive to people/noise now. It gets really bad at stores and friends houses. I do have social anxiety but this feeling feels different. I just panic for no reason. I'll be seeing therapist in 5 days and I'm super stressed. I don't know if anyone else gets this sensitivity to noise but I also get this weird head sensation. It's not like my head goes numb but it's like a tingling sensation and I get really tired and face/temple pressure. I'm relatively young and have seen my doctor multiple times but I'm still convinced I have something wrong with my brain. It's not pain and it doesn't hurt, it just feels like a really bad sinus infections/head cold usually all day now for a week. Anyone else get any of these sensitivites/sinus problems?

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hello , I hope you feel better I know all too well about the tingling sensation all over I don't know why it happens but yes I will be so happy when this disorder goes away forever , I could be sitting relaxing and sometimes I'll get tingly or numb and shortness of breath then feeling like I'm going to pass out , I went to the hospital and of course they didn't find anything in all the test they ran so I have to go see someone else , my primary care physician put me on Hydroxyzine 50mg it helps me stay calm but sometimes I still get alittle anxious for no reason.... Your not alone but in the mean time try to think good thoughts. God bless you...
    • Posted

I was just tooken off Hydroxyzine. It was making me super anxious and really sick to my stomach. I hope it works for you and you find relief soon. Stay positive.
    • Posted

Wow really , what are you taking now and does it seem to work.
    • Posted

As of now, I actually stopped all my medications. I was on Seroquel and Hydroxyzine but now I just take NuSera (my doctor recommended it) and it helps you sleep/relieves anxiety at night. I've tooken it once so far and it works good. But on March 7th, I'll be going to my psychaitrist and getting my medicine changed onto another pill. I've went through like 9 different medicines so far and they all give me horrible side effects or make me feel worst. Ugh
  • Posted

I been getting them I dealing with the same thing as almost the same symptoms I think tht there something wrong with my brain too
  • Posted

I been dealing with all the same things you are dealing with too the sinus and been getting worse I'm young as well I'm 18 so I know how your feeling
    • Posted

It's really scary. My nose is super clogged so I barely can get sleep and my face feels like constant pressure. It's horrible. I wonder if somehow anxiety and sinuses are connected.
    • Posted

Yea I'm super clogged to especially at my nose gets super clogged like I can't breathe through my nose and my nose been runny too
    • Posted

Yes same! Also sometimes the back of my head gets really tense as well as my neck. It's super irritating.
    • Posted

Yup same I get really tense in my back too I get really sore from it to
  • Posted

Hey im 23 years old and i get the same symptoms as you and the othe girl does i feel the pressure in my temple and goes down all the way too my jaw my left hand starts hurting and you feel like you are sweating cold its horrible ive had this for like 1 year and a half now and my rate raises ive done thoudands of tests alsoncardiologist and everything comes back normal sometimes i get scared like if i have something in my brain too cause i got a headache but its only in my forehead ... i know what u feel its super horrible i just want too be lile i was before 😢
    • Posted

Do you take any medications for anxiety? I'm sorry you feel this way. With time and effort, you can overcome anxiety and you'll be good as new smile
    • Posted

Thank you and noo actually i started taking xanax but i stopped you just have too figure out how too control it yourself cause all the medication for anxiety are addicting thats why i dont like it and you'll have too depend on them alot i havent got bad like really bad anxiety for like 3 weeks now ive got some but there minor but i get pain in my left arm and all i hate it when it comes really bad

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.