social anxiety disorder

Posted , 4 users are following.

Ive been given an higher dose of propranolol today and told to join a group by my Gp to try to get my social anxiety under control has its making my life hell . I feel like such a freak😢do anybody know if any of them work please

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Augh hang in there. Cymbalta really helped with just not anxiety but socially also. And I'm social to begin with. But Zoloft also. What is propranolo? Your not a freak, never say that as you will get on track soon. Keep us posted.😊
  • Posted

Aww thanks totallytiffy1👍 propranolol are tablets for anxiety. It must be such a relief that the medication is working for you. All the best

• Posted

That's a great suggestion.

helped me totally.or even talk therapy with a private councelor first then work UR  way up to a group. U will see the difference in a few weeks as long as u stick with it...

CHEERS

• Posted

Hello Mandy!  I've had social anxiety/panic disorder for many (many!!!) yrs. now. I have tried many different meds.  & what works for me is Ciprolex.  I have lactose intolerance & Celiac. Once I started looking into WHAT is in some of these meds I saw a pattern. Pretty much all have lactose in them as it is used as a filler. One med caused me to bloat out like such a balloon. My doc thought I was crazy (not in the literal sense lol), however, changing to Ciprolex made such a difference (for me!). ( Ha! Ha! Doc. )  My point is, know your body and don't let your doc tell you how your med makes you feel.  Only you can tell!  Any side effects (for me!) Went away after a couple of weeks.  I also joined a group for CBT, knowing get your  triggers, and that helped enormously! !  Exposure therapy and looking ahead in life (not behind)  Ask your doc if there is such a group near by. Mine was at a hospital and I had to drive 40 min to get there.  It is all worth the invested time "for you!" .  Don't give up- we are many- you are not alone.  Best of luck & please do let us that replied know how you are doing.

Lyn

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.