Social Anxiety? PLEASE ADVICE :(

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello.

I have been having anxiety on and off past year. Resulting in me not being able to play rugby or even work some days.

I stopped working for two reasons.  To try avoid stress and because I'll be moving to America. 

Now everyday I wake up with stomach cramps. Doctors found nothing. That's one issue.

My main issue is social anxiety (I think). I have just got back from a good friend of mines 21st. I've been excited all week about this. Haven't done more than go to the shops this week. The cab pulls up, I get in 5 minutes later.... stomach pain.... feel faint... I get to party use toilet for a poo.. still feel unwell but stay for few hours and have to go home. 

Last week went for a meal and soon as food came lost my appetite felt sick and wanted to go home.

I never felt a panic attack but just feel so bad.

only common denominator is social events sad 

It's killing me as I love being social.  Can any one relate and if so what do I do? Been given some diezpam to calm me down but don't get worked up?

I'm in bed now feel better just dizzy

help please

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I am like that, and only now really getting something done about it after near on 20 years. Go to your doctor and explain the anxiety issue and get help from him, sooner the better
    • Posted

Doctor just want to put me on anti depressants but they are horrible
  • Posted

Hi Rugby,

Symptoms like dizzyness (vertigo), stomach cramps, diarrhea, loss of appetite, and social withdrawal are not neccessarily "in your head".

While these symptoms often accompany anxiety issues, they can also be signs of hypothyroidism, low B12, iron deficiency, and a host of other serious and not so serious metabolic disorders which are impossible to distinguish from anxiety  without a full blood workup, thyroid panel, etc.

p.s. If your GP calls you a raving hypocondriac - go find somebody else ASAP!

• Posted

Hello 

Thanks how do I get better iron etc? 

Doctors are useless. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.