Social event

Posted , 11 users are following.

So I'm just back from my first family social occasion and I made the decision to either mix my drinks with tonic or just have a few, I actually ended up with 1 glass and tonic the rest of the time. I even drove 😃

Feeling proud of myself, it's definitely a start for me xx

5 likes, 21 replies

21 Replies

Next
  • Posted

A brilliant start Rachel!  You should be proud-and at a famiy get together too, is even harder. Well done ! X
    • Posted

Aww Thankyou, thought I would share on here as so few people in my family know it was hard keeping it quiet 👍❤️
  • Posted

Hi Rachael, absolutely, totally, incredibly, fantastically brilliant...as a recovering alcoholic ( a very bad one at that ) I know just how difficult it is....

HOLD YOUR HEAD UP HIGH...DEIRDRE. xxx

• Posted

Well done Rachel I wish you look keep us posted on your progress you should be so proud of yourself xx
  • Posted

Sorry, I perhaps replied to you on the wrong thread.  But congratulations, and you have every right to be proud of yourself...well done!!!  

Pat xxx

• Posted

Superb effort! That was a really tough call. I bet you felt elated and proud that you could drive home afterwards. Those around you will realise eventually just how hard that gig was.

I have recently been in a similar situation and after a few times everyone began to notice the change in me.

You just crossed a major hurdle. Hold the thought,it could be the start of something big.

I can't congratulate you enough on your achievement hang in there it will be worth it in the end.

You may, as I have had, the odd relapse, but don't worry about it, just revel in your own joy for now.

I am so proud of you and I don't even know you!

A truly remarkable achievement.

Be lucky.

Jcee

• Posted

Aww that brought a tear to my eye, bless you, I felt a little withdrawn as I come from a large drinking family but I stuck to it tried to be sociable, it's a whole new ball game for me sober!

I don't think I could do it without the support I have got from this forum so I can't thank you all enough, looking forward to waking feeling fresh and for once remembering getting home !!

You lot are amazing ❤️

• Posted

I just check in before going to sleep.

You couldn't give me a better message before this.

Thank you for sharing.

Good night and sweet dreams,

Escar

• Posted

Good morning to you all, It's a beautifull day here in the south of France.

How was your night Rachel, I do hope you had the greatest dreams, while sleeping like a baby.

I had quite a rough one, but, it's Sunday, and appart from this, I live in the country of three hours lunches and Holy Siësta's, so I can easyly take a little kip during the afternoon.

Great day here in Montpellier, My cat, which I haven't seen for about a year, showed up this morning, thought the little bugger died on me.

Birds are singing, the sky is blue, I feel like taking my guitar and go to the park, meeting some old, none drinking friends.

A great day to you Rachel and all the others,

Escar

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.