Social Security for Trigeminal Neuralgia

Posted , 3 users are following.

Have anyone received Social Security for Trigeminal Neuralgia? I had it over 9 years. I worked in the Nursing Field 20 yrs & I can't no more with this pain. My Doctor & The Er Told me to apply for Social Security. So I'm wondering have anyone actually received it?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Yes I am currently signed off due to this, although my neurologist has diagnosed me with chronic migraine and chronic trigeminal neuralgia type 2. My GP just writes "chronic headache" on the medical sick note.

The best bit of advice I came across was from a chat board called the 'Trigeminal Neuralgia Support Group' A link to one page section of the site is:- http://www.dailystrength.org/c/Trigeminal_Neuralgia/forum/17183681-dull-pain-all-day

One one of the chat pages someone said a nurse told them to never apologise for the pain you have. Reading this gave me the confidence to no longer feel I should have to suffer in silence.

I would have a scower around the site if it still exists as there are some great people from around the world who give some great advice.

Good luck!

• Posted

I received SSDI for yet another condition, but I can tell you that many people in my local TN group are on SSDI (SS.. whatever). Hope you get it sorted out! If they turn you down, apply again. Many are turned down on first try.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.