Soft, mushy, sloppy stool yet hard to pass

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi so I've made a post before about broken up bms but this is rediculous.

Every time the past week I've been for a bm which is pretty much once every day I would first fart and there is a lot of mucus, today there was a larger amount than normal. Then I will go fairly easily and there is a lot however when I wipe it won't clean. It's very soft and mushy and doesn't seem to form properly. Don't judge me please but I currently have a weird addiction where I clean inside my bum because of my OCD, I've been trying to break the habit but currently that seems impossible to do.

After I have been once I clean inside and there is loads there, the stool has broken up and some is stuck which is what was happening before, however now it's really difficult to pass the rest. And because it's so mushy and there is mucus I'm scared of it leaking out. When I do eventually go I go the exact same as before and it is so big it looks like I've gone for the first time, this normally happens 3-4 times so I spend about 1 hour just pooping it's horrible. And then after that is done and it still won't clean I keep doing little bits at a time until eventually I can wipe.

I don't think I can break my addiction (I am receiving cognitive behavioural therapy) until this is solved or managed because I know for a fact I will not be conftable leaving the toilet knowing there's some stool stuck there.

Please help and don't judge me I really need to improve somehow as in going to be rediculously busy soon due to school exams. I'm 15 btw.

Anyone asking about seeing doctors I've seen a couple people, my GP has ran out of options I saw a pediatrician who dismissed everything I said and just told me to deal with it and now I couldn't see a different pediatrician privately at the same hospital because they don't want their doctors to look bad if they find something. I'm currently waiting on a appointment at a different hospital so currently I'm losing hope of ever getting better and not feeling terrible every day.

Thanks for reading and please help me.

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Tommy, I would certainly not judge you, I fully understand, myself I have often mushy stools and also clean up inside my bottom as I would not feel comfortable doing otherwise, (I use approx 36 toilet rolls each week)  so are you sure this is symtomatic of OCD?  I have a prolapsed bowel, and because the surgery they performed for this made the shape of my colon very awkward and dysfunctional, no matter how sloppy mine is it is still getting trapped, no one seems to understand this, in fact I am seeing my GP tomorrow as he truly, mistakenly believes that giving me large doses of lactulose, will cure my symptoms, so I will have to tell him that no matter how sloppy, the stools are still trapped, and also the laxatives, and having diarrhoea, give me stomach aches and make my bottom burn and sting and its jus not solving the problem, I intend to speak to him about home colonic irrigation kits as I believe they could help me but he may be reluctant, even though they are overseen by a qualified corectal nurse, and use far far less water than the ones celebs puportedly use, so I am very nervous abuot it, I really do sympathise and hope you can find a sollution even if only in part, best wishes, Fiona
    • Posted

Hi thanks for the reply Fiona.

I'm just assuming that the reason I'm cleaning inside is OCD as that's what my therapist said. I started doing that before it kept getting stuck, I sort of just did it once and got into the habit, I think that if my current problem stopped I could possible work my way out of the habit.

Also for me it doesn't just get stuck with mushy stools, I've had fairly hard stools and fairly loose watery stools yet somehow something gets stuck.

My GP gave me laxatives a few weeks ago and that made me absolutely awful. I was in so much pain I was practically in tears. It got to a point last week where the diarrhoea hurt so much I was shaking whilst trying to wipe. Thankfully it doesn't hurt much when I go now so at least there's that.

I moan about the doctors and the little help they've given but I'm also kinda scared of what any treatment might be.

Good luck talking to your GP tomorrow I hope all the best for you and thanks for replying and not judging it means a lot.

Tommy

• Posted

I'm so late on this post fiona I'm sorry. And I hope you and Tommy are completely alright now and have gotten rid of this problem unlike me. Well, those laxatives still didn't work for you and your abdomen kept producing gases and keeping them in your rectum to irritate you? How are you doing now?

• Posted

Have you noticed what food your eating I.e does certain foods trigger an ibs attack?  some docs say eat loads of wheat. Not a good idea for more ibs sufferers.  Have you been to a doc for special tests, I'd celiac tests or lactose intollent tests .  Maybe this is your problem, also please try and stop "digging out The stools as you could cause yourself problems,  my mam had this problem and she had to go privately to have colonic irrigation which didn't help it just made the matter worse.  Please if you want to talk please leave me a msg.  Good luck . Liz
    • Posted

Hey I'm so sorry I didn't actually notice you had replied but thanks so much for doing so.

I haven't noticed food as such but I know that apples and peanuts make me bad, I am however trying my best to follow the low FODMAP diet however I'm unsure if it's helping.

I'm currently waiting on seeing a pediatrician but it's a long waiting list but I'm going to ask for tests.

I'm not digging out the stools it's more the fact they are stuck but because I have a lot of mucus every time I fart a bit of mucus comes out and I bet that if I fart while it's stuck the stool will come out because that happens when I go multiple times on the toilet.

When I wipe inside and I still have to go the wipe is really dirty but after I've gone multiple times the wipe is mostly clean. So what I'm saying is that if I can stop myself going multiple times then I can break that habit. I've been doing it for over half a year and I don't think it has made it any worse.

Thanks for the reply

Tommy

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.