Soft seat????

Posted , 10 users are following.

Was told not to sit on soft seats ie my comfy chairs as hip could go out of line . Nearly five weeks post op and wondering if I could sit on soft seat if raised. Butt sore on ot chair.

Such a silly question to be asking with all the people in pain on this forum but where else could I ask cos I can be sure someone here had discussed this. Review 11 days time hooray. Maybe restrictions will be lifted.

4 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi maybe if you put a pillow on it if is sinks too low.

Because your hip and inner should be even. What's wrong is if the bum is lower that your knees.

So metro them even you will be ok

• Posted

Hi. Had my review today at 4 weeks and 4 days post op as surgeon on holiday for next few weeks. He has lifted all restrictions, (apart from if sleeping on non operated side must use pillow between legs), I can have a bath and drive if I feel able. If he hadn't have been on holiday I'd have had to wait until week 6. Mmmm, I think they must err on the side of caution. He didn't look at wound or move leg just watched me walk to his office. So glad that I can now drive but I will be being careful as he did remind me that I'm not fully fixed yet lol.
    • Posted

Great news for you. I'm 4 weeks 4 days and cannot walk without one crutch yet.
    • Posted

I am almost five weeks and still use my walker, it is discourgaing. Wonder if I will get rid of my limp from walking so many years to compensate fo rhip and before that a bad knee tha thas been replaced. Hard for an old dog to learn new tricks.
    • Posted

I didn't even know I was walking with a limp before oa became bone on bone but other people noticed it. I was always a very short stride walker { { maybe that's why my hip wore out) but now I am told that I have to learn to take long strides. That is hard for me too. But perseverance and patience is the key.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.