Soft stool...still has to be 'dug out.'

Posted , 5 users are following.

I am SO discouraged...I am sure many can relate when I say 'if it isn't one thing its another!' ...ANYhow. For the last almost 2 weeks I have no problem with not being able to pass hard stool...its very soft but gets 'right to the edge' and I just can't push it out... So back to digging...Water enemas help a bit...but not much... Even with taking Miralax AND Milk of Mag...and using a Glycerine suppository...

Do ANY of you relate to this or have the same problem? and what did you do to 'solve' it? Sure would appreciate your sharing. Is this what they call 'lazy bowel'...???

Thanks, everyone. Good luck all of YOU, too...it really gets tiresome, doesn't it.

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Yes, I can. I am just going a marble or a pellet here and there. I wish I could have a "normal" bowel movement. Right now very uncomfortable. May have to go to ER. Just went to Pharmacy and bought Fleet suppository. Have never used before. Tired of living like this. Have no social life or good sleep.

• Posted

Hi Betty,

First of all calm down. Don't panic pl. I also have the same situation. Many people have.

I would recommend to you to visit the doctor. The doctor has to make all analysis you need.

I am dreanking Pegorion every day. This is Finland medecine. Also I use enema if have hard stool.

My diet is very strict. I eat soup every day with fiber powder. I am dreanking kefir (milk product, popular in Europe)

But I know already my situation. I have constipation bc of my genetic prospensety. And my situation get bad if I stress.

So I avoid stressful people, or job or et.

It is not the end of the world. go to the doctor. Take care of yourself. And also watch "intochable " that is great movie which teach you how to be happy in any life situation.

If you have more questions, you can ask.

Otherwise, have a nice weekend!

• Posted

Thank you, Ivan... you are so correct! I have to learn to 'calm down' more over the whole situation because I know my stress makes it worse... The Dr only advised Miralax...and that doesn't work the best for me... I take fibre every day...and I know sometimes I should drink MORE water! Anyway, I appreciate your reply, thank you very much, and best wishes to you, too.

Betty

• Posted

hi  don't think my last reply got noted....please don't dig, yu can injure yourself!

I am nearly 70.

you are right about lazy bowel .....15 yrs on MIRALAX  has done that to me.

?can you go fo short walks after each meal or otherwise?

I drink warm water, rub the tummy and do deep breathing as I get such pain with the slow gut motility.

take care

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.