Soft yellow mucus stool!! Help IBS or Parasites ?

Posted , 1 user is following.

I am a 20 year old female! about 5 months ago i took a trip to el Salvador I pretty much ate everything and anything there even drank the water ( an honest mistake). After I came back I noticed diarrhea and consistently yellow colored stools....I ignored it though. keep in mind I eat about 1 maybe 2 meals a day I have a big lack of appetite and was really dehydrated...basically symptoms of IBS I was experiencing. Throughout those months I was going through so much emotional issues. Including taking Taytulla birthcontrol ( which I stopped taking) . Fast forward about 3 months later I got kicked out of my house. My stress,anxiety, and depression level is on 100...my ezcema flared up on both arms... I was barley eating or drinking any water and ate whatever I wanted just to fill my stomach up....it took me an hour to eat food. This is when the mucus becomes so much more visible. Now i have calmed down a lot and try eating and drinking consistently basically an IBS based diet...My stool is slightly better ( as in more solid instead of frothy) but I still see the same poop. I got tested for everything basic and parasite, H pylori, EA, Giardia, ova, conc, perm smear. And all my other test the doctor says I am perfectly healthy and are in really good range. As of yesterday I started getting some cramping in my gluteus and stomach area... it’s concerning.... I get anxiety about it everyday literally. I don’t know what to do... I am going for an ultrasound and to the gastroenterologimageist. And found these in my poop it could be harden mucous but I really am unsure...I am going to send this to my doctor.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

I also have a lot of gas! and in the mornings it use to be 10x worse the loudest and longest farts ever.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.