Somatic Hypnotherapy

Posted , 6 users are following.

I have now had 3 sessions with a Somatic Hypnotherapist and we are definately seeing a difference in my energy levels.  I am also feeling emotionally better than I did before.  The pain hasn't gone away and I have alot of energy still to find but it's great to be experiencing an improvement! x

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Julie.  good to hear that the Somatic Hypnotherapy is helping the  pain.  could u say a little of how it works & what it is?

thanks C

• Posted

Hi Caitlin,

​He is aiming to make all of my symptoms go away by fixing the source.  He believes that our symptoms have been created by our own bodies in a subconcious way in response to a previous trauma / traumas.  That's the Somatic element, it is based on a past trauma healing. 

He says that the way we feel about something that has happened is something which our subconcious has chosen to feel not necessarily our conciousness.  He believes our symptoms are occuring because our body cannot cope with what our subconcious or concious feelings are creating inside us.  He says for every feeling there is always a chemical reation inside of us.

​He is trying to calm / teach my body how it is subconciously reacting to past traumas in my life.  He is not telling my feelings what they should feel like, he is guiding my subconcious feelings into how they can handle those feelings when thinking about that time in my life.

​He has touched on particular feelings I have now, ie. how I feel pressurised because of what I believe others think of my actions.

It is done during Hypnosis in order to access my subconcious feelings.

​It's not cheap, I'm in the uk and it is costing £65 per 1.5hr.  Before he met me when we talked over the phone, he thought it would take him 6 sessions.  I don't know if he still thinks that is the same number?  He thought my body is reacting very positively.  Energy wise I think I might be at the level I was about 2 years ago.  Which is great because I have been going down hill energy wsie dramatically over the last 4 years.

​I am classed as severe level of M.E. / Fibromyalgia and I have Functional Movement Disorder.

x  

• Posted

Hi Julie.  thank you so much for taking the time & expending the energy to explain this modality  in such an accessible manner. i'm v. pleased to hear that it seems to be helping you so far. fingers crossed that the positive response continues. 

having re-read your post, it reminds me of  Dr Eaton's 'Reverse Therpay' for ME/CFS. there are some similarities. that one too has reported successes. some time ago there was an article in, i think it was the Telegraph where he successfully treated an Olympian  athlete who has succumed to ME/CFS.

it would be rgeat to know how it progresses for you over the next few months. look forward to hearing how it goes for you.

with thanks

C

• Posted

Hi Julie,

Sounds a real improvement for you with this. Hope that it continues for you and that they are able to target the pain too.

Best wishes

B

• Posted

That's great news, Jullie! I've never heard of a somatic hypnotherapist. How ever did you think of/find such help? 
  • Posted

Morning Julie; yes, if this is what we all need to find for help, it is something that I would trial too.............for me, my energy 2 years ago was manageable and I still had a life.....so if you feel this is worth trialling, I too, will try to find someone that can give me this chance............THANKYOU.....Bron

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.