Some advice please :)

Posted , 3 users are following.

Okay right I usually stay at my boyfriends in the day and night. But today I'm chilling at my home whilst he's at work I don't feel 100 % comftable here and hate knowing I'm like a 20 minute walk from my boyfriends which is where I feel most relaxed and it panicks me wondering how I'll get to his later if I need too?! Does anyone know how I can relax at home without worrying about what will happen in the next hour and just enjoy the moment ?

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Just do something distracting, watch a tv show, browse the internet, or read. It's only a short period of time. As always, feel free to post on here for help or send me a PM!

All the best!

• Posted

I'm back there now it's all good. I'm just struggling to deal with some change recently such as not seeing friends as much, boyfriend getting a new job, mom getting a new job and just my life style changing and I don't know how to deal with change, does that make sense ?
    • Posted

Yeah for sure, anxiety can occur when you're not totally comfortable, and your life changes might be changing that?
    • Posted

I just think maybe i need to try hard to get a job and get back into a routine!
    • Posted

That helps a lot too. The less time you have to think about anxiety, the better! Always keep yourself busy!
    • Posted

It sounds like you have adjustment anxiety disorder possibly,  research it and how to cope/manage it.
    • Posted

Sometimes our answers are in the the questions we ask.  If that is what your thinking you might do, do it.
    • Posted

Dont deal with it, accept it. You have ni control over any of it. And some changes end up for the better. You get anxiety at home when you arent with your boyfriend might be some fear of losing him. People with anxiety tend to want to control everything around them and get anxious when they cant. Change can be good, and many times it is. Routines and predicatable are comforting and with anxiety works but its not reality. Learn to accept change, learn to accept it amd realise it okay and even whilst the routines you have become accustimed to are different you can handle it and even welccome it. Live in the moment. You will find in that very moment you are okay. Ince you start the mind going and preciting amd fearing the unknown you over think and negatively overthink which starts the whole cycle of anxiety. I do not feel its the change that so much causes the anxiety but how this change effects you. Your nervous is your biyfriend going to be as attentive and is he going to be there for you ...etc..it will all go as it should and you do not need the predicatability to be okay. New thought patterns would be better off saying i am a person who is worthy of a loving and sincere relationship. Change is a wonderful thing as it stregnthens me as a person and will bring wonderful new opportunities for my boyfriend and my mother. I am so grateful being surrounded by so much love. Thise are callef affirmations. They are very useful and create positive energy rather then anxiety,let go of the control, or the false belief you have control and live in the moment. Its nit the actual change that would bother you, its how it will effect you. I hope that makes sense. If yiur boyfriend said wow i got this job and now with all these great new opportunities i can make my life better and then our lives together will be better and gave you a hug and made you feel safer, more loved and excited for the future tigether..you wouldnt be nervous of that change at all. It all boils down to control and fear of the unknown.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.