Some advise please

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi

i was taking 1.25mg of bisoprolol at night for a few months because i suffer from palpatations which make me feel almost faint. I dont get it all the time just occasionally.

They were making me feel short of breath and tired, which seems crazy as 1.25mg is considered a low dosage. So i decided not to take any more. I just stopped as i had been taking one every other day for a while.

but inevitably now ive stopped im having some more palps than usual. I just dont now what to do. Whether to take it and put up with the breathlessness or just put up with the palps. I dont know which is worse. im guessing the palps.

I also have just started taking fluoxetine 20mg once a day to due to anxiety.

Anyone give me any ideas what i could or should do please?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Don think go cold turkey, you will end up in the ER. Bisoprolol is a nasty BB. You must wean of nice and slow. I took me 4 weeks to wean off. During that time I hade several rebounds. Blood pressure woild go up for a week and then it will she stable. I will have palpitations on and of for about 4 weeks. I will have major anxiety at the beginning and my heat rate would go up and down. Now 3 months later I am feeling almost 100%. So,what ever you do you must ween off and you will be fine. Also eat healthy, no caffeine and exercise. Drink lots of water to wash out the chemicals. Good luck and let me know if you need more info. 
  • Posted

What is the cause of your palpitations? - have you been given any information or diagnosis other than being put on Bisoprolol which does slow down the heartbeat.  Many have found here that it is the Bisoprolol which made them feel worse than the condition.  You need to revisit your GP and tell him or her of the side effects, as there are other alternatives but of course, it will be dependent on what is the cause of your original condition.

Bisoprolol is a very bad drug for many but not all.  If you browse around the forum you will find many varied reactions to it, from those who had no side effects, to those who were made ill and listless from it.  Again, there are those here who came off much heavier daily doses than 1.25 mg  cold turkey (including me) with no ill effects at all, and those who found they had to do it gradually.  Above all, do nothing without medical advice, but do research and become more knowledgeable about your complaint and its various maybe alternative treatments.

• Posted

i just took it every other day fo ra week then stopped, its such a small dosage it didnt give me cold turkey, but 1.25mg was strong wnough fo rme personally to feel crappy on it.
    • Posted

1,25 Mg is not a small dose.

It is smaller than 5 or 10 Mg.

But in a lots of people every dose (even 1,25) will create a huge mess and a lot of side effects and it you will need Months off the drug to feel normal again.

So, if you are one of those who are sensitive to this drug, then 1,25 Mg is very large dose and it can cause a lot of problems while taking it and if you'll try to quit the drug.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.