Some bleeding adter 4 days

Posted , 5 users are following.

I got up this morning and went pee and there was some blood in toilet, is this normal or do I freak out and call the doc.  I went yesterday to do to check on a possible UTI and they saw some blood in urine, do I need to worry?

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Hi Cara (sweet doggies), only freak out if it goes on for too long or if there is a lot of it, it is normal to lose a small amount of blood a few days after, it's called pooled blood, it's usually dark in colour, of course if you are at all worried phone either your GP or the ward that you were on, didn't you get a leaflet explaining what to expect after surgery? If you have a UTI then it is also normal to find traces of blood in your urine

• Posted

So far i have only seen it once so not freaking out yet and yes i did get a letter but I am legally blind and have not read thru it all
  • Posted

What you experienced is normal. As the swelling goes down some blood that was trapped by the swelling finds its way south. Plus you have fresh surgical wounds in there that are stitched and need time to knit back together.
  • Posted

A stitch might have popped.  That happened to me and I bled a lot.  I suggest you call your doc, just in case. 
  • Posted

Hi Cara! So your surgery went well? For some reason all the forum e-mails are now going to my spam. I just happened to check my junk mailbox and saw your comments. I am glad you are okay because I have been worried since I saw no posts from you since the day of your surgery! What a relief that you are doing okay! How did it go? I saw the posts about your bleeding. I'm sure you had a catheter put in. The first time I peed after they took mine out was so painful! That could have been part of your bleeding issue...glad you are okay!

• Posted

Surgery went well, the doc said pathology came back all negative so that was a relief.  I am doing well.  Minor bleeding not serious.  Got on some meds for a possible UTI tho.  That cathedar sucked!!!!!

I find after a short walk i am exhausted but I have been told thats normal.

My pain is a big 0 so thats awesome, my discomfort is tollerable and I am sure will go away in time.

Thank you for thinking of me, i am doing better than i expected and am quite glad it is over!!!!!

XOXOXOXO

Cara

• Posted

I am not really having much pain anymore either except for some gas pain whenever I eat something. And walks tire me out too! Glad to hear you are doing so well. I don't find out my pathology report until I go back to my doctor on Tuesday but I'm sure it will be okay. It's been very nice talking to someone about this!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.