Some clarity about warts

Posted , 2 users are following.

Attached below “the little fella”, on the plant of my foot.

Do exist any test I can undergo to be sure that is HPV?

Assuming it is..

Healing

Is said that in 90% of cases the virus is cleared in two years. Mine has been there longer (at least more than three). Let’s say my immune system is about to clear the virus: will the wart disappear then? Is safe to assume the virus has been or is being cleared if the wart disappear? Will threating the wart (such burning, freezing, etc.) help or hasten the clearing process?

How does it work

I mean mine has been there all the time, never really changing, which is the way it has to be. But, does it mean the virus is just there, or in all plantar area, or in my system? I assume the virus stays in the system, clearly not evenly spread and that the wart is expression of high virus concentration.  

Contagion

I’ve been reading, particularly for the genital one, infection may be spread from individual to individual upon mere contact. Fair enough! But importantly, sometimes it spreads in different areas of one’s body (still limited to the skin’s keratinocytes naturally - e.g.: from your feet to your hands), is really that the case? Should I be careful when touching my own wart? I caught the drift from here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_papillomavirus#Hands

Thank you for your help!

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hello I know this post is 2 months old but I'm answering anyways.

It's a long time ago though but when I was a child I've had them on my foot. They were there longer than 2 years too. I don't remember how long exactly though. I didn't want to freeze them because I was scared for the pain and stuff so we didn't do anything. Eventually they went away. I didn't have just one. I had like 20 warts on my heel it was super embarrassing.  We did try some glue like stuff you put on the warts let it dry and pull it off... Didn't really work because the warts were so deep and I didn't want to have a big whole in my foot since I had soooo many neigbouring warts. So I did it infrequently and I also put the fluid from a dandelion on the warts since I've read that could help. My warts turned completely black when I put it on (they were more skin colour) and they dissapeared. I don't know if it was coincidence though. They all disapeared and never came back!! Don't forget I had 20 or something! I think my body fought of the infection but it did take longer than 2 years so I think it's very possible that your wart will dissapear too! I don't know about testing for HPV but I think it can be tested I just have no experience with it. And I've heard it too that you can infect yourself in different areas never happened to me though.

I hope your wart disappears soon wink!

• Posted

Long gone! I treated it with vinegar and it went away in something like ten days.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.