some diet advice?

Posted , 3 users are following.

just recently i was diagnosed with gastritis and h.pylori after it going undiagnosed for around 4 years, docs said i had ibs.

But the problem i have at the moment is foods, the doctor at hospital said i need to change my diet, but never explained what i should or more importantly shouldnt be eating.

i feel im always starving since changing everything to wholemeal, dont know what to snack on and there is plenty of pasta's available in wholemeal but my problem is i have no idea if i can use sauces/condiments.

If anyone could tell me what sauces/condiments i could have i would appreciate it very much.

Thank you

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I had this H-Pylori infection too.. I stayed off citrus fruit,and drinks, also tomato sauce,if you look on youtube for information on what foods are best to eat, you will learn a lot...Cabbage Diuce is supposed to heal ulcers in a week. but spicey food is a no no...you need to reserch foods to eat...I am slowly getting back to normal...still cant eat a big meal, or my stomach feels sore...it takes a while for the stomach to heal...I was very sick, and lost a stone in weight, but TG I am putting it back on...Please look this up, as I cant remember what I all I had to cut out...Hope you find what your looking for..x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.