Some doctors wait for the fibroids to get big

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello everyone! My friend told me that some doctors wait for fibroids to grow so they can operate on it. I had the notion that she means they intentionally do it. Is it true? She also told me not to undergo an operation if my doctor recommends it. My fibroids are 3.4 cm sebserosal and 1.2 cm intramudal they dont cause any serious pain yet. Though my belly is big the fibroids arent bothersome to me. I was given a non-gmo soy based supplement to shrink my fibroids though I have doubts on the treatment. I'm getting a second opinion by the end of the week. I hope everything will be fine.

2 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

You cannot group all doctors together. Yes they need to be a large enough to operate.  However, each case is individual and its a discussion that needs to be had with the gynaecologist. 
  • Posted

My fibroids dont don't bother me as in pain. I do have discomfort lower back but they will get to a point making you bleed so severe. I ended up having a blood transfusion. Yes it's the way they make money. Sure they are great surgeons out there but they do not tell you of other options. I am getting UFE in aweek. The doctor OB at time have me an IUF said it help well in my MRI I didn't show because fibroids pushed it out. Yes go see a well known embolization Dr one fibroid is 9 cm and I'm starting accupunture one session already helped with pressure on lower back. Good luck.

• Posted

It is said that about 30 percent of all women get fibroids by age 35 and almost 80 percent of women will have fibroids by age 50.  I have numerous fibroids but had a 2cm one removed because the gynae said it had a large blood supply.  I think this meant it was eventually get bigger. Investigations started because  I was having post menopausal bleeding for 2 years.   It turned out the bleeding was being caused a particular HRT, however, since having the fibroid removed I have had less back pain so it may have been contributing to my back pain.  

​I was told that after menopause the fibroids would reduce as they rely on oestrogen but as I take HRT this might not be the case.  

• Posted

I'm also having lower back discomfort due to my fibroids. I hope to find a gynaecologist that is really concern about my health not just to make money. I badly wanted to get rid of fibroids so I will be able to conceive and at 36 Im running out of time. 😞Thank you all for your replies, it helps a lot in my journey with fibroids.

• Posted

Hello

My back discomfort is due to big fibroid tje MRI shows it's pushing on my bladder and close to spine. I went and jad accupunture and that seemed to help that can get pricey but even with one treatment it realeved some stress in back also looked up yoga for fibroids on YouTube and did some of them. I'm really careful to not over due though. I get UFE next week. I hope you can find some other options for pregnancy.

• Posted

Hi kristen,

I heard doing yoga helps in fibroid management besides it is good for our body. My gynaecologist told me to lose some weight too. I have a friend who also wanted to get pregnant but to no avail so she did yoga and after a year she conceived and gave birth to a healthy baby girl. I hope everything went on smoothly with your UFE. Goodluck 😊

• Posted

Yes I get that UFE done Feb 15 very nervous. ThatnThank you as well and good luck with everything.
  • Posted

Exercise is important when you have fibroids. It takes more than doing yoga to help with getting pregnant. Every women's body is different and reacts differently. You need to find what is suitable for you

• Posted

Is there any specific exercise suitable for women with fibroids or any exercise will do? My gyno didnt give me advice on what to do to get pregnant which disappoints me cause I went to her for that reason in the first place.
  • Posted

There are no specific exercise. Most importantly is to stop worrying. Worrying and anxiety is negative energy. Yoga and Pilates help to relax and distress as does meditation. Also it's about you as an individual. Surround yourself with positive people. Try and avoid stress if it does occur try to find something that will help.

• Posted

Thank you for your advice. I will do everything you said. Before I got to read your message I was really worrying about my condition, it was timely that I checked here. Thank you for the good things you said. It puts a smile on my face. 😊

• Posted

Thank you for your advice. I will do everything you said. Before I got to read your message I was really worrying about my condition, it was timely that I checked here. Thank you for the good things you said. It puts a smile on my face. 😊

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.