Some good news

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi there

I suffer from bipolar and anxiety and had the bad habit of drinking a bottle of wine a day with my meds.  Well I don't know if I've got a guardian angel or someone has been praying hard for me, but I've come off the booze unaided.  I know I wasn't drinking as much as some people on here but for me it is a miracle, I just drink water and elderflopwer cordial now and feel so much better

I think I was strengthened as I beat my addiction to co-codamol last November too, I was amazed that managed to do that and have applied the same principles to my attitude to alchohol.

I just wanted to give thanks and share my joy, I wish it for all of you.

Lizzie

1 like, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Well done lizzie!

I'm also doing well still, I've done alcohol reduction as I too wasn't drinking as much as some but still way too much!!

Good to feel proud if yourself ❤️❤️

• Posted

Thanks Rachel,  and congratulations to you too, its a good feeling beating our demons eh!

Lizzie xxx

• Posted

Thanks to everyone for your kind support, it means a lot.  All I have to do now is cure my addiction to Gregs pasties!!!!!

Lizzie

• Posted

Well done Lizzie, really nice to hear a good news story!!

• Posted

Well done Lizzie - very happy for you - what are your principles with your attitude - fed up of going backwards.
  • Posted

Well done lizzie and all the best with your pasty problem too :-) its good to hear of people making progress as it gives hope to those that struggle to do so.

Rob.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.