Some good news

Posted , 4 users are following.

I ended up going to see an optometrist to rule out anything wrong with my eyes and she was a god send. She listened to me and has actually put in a referral to my doctor for an MRI so she can rule out all possible things that could be wrong. I have only seen her twice but she has done more for me then my own doctor has in the last two and a half years. She took the time time to listen to my history and when I told her my vision issues were probably just due to my anxiety she said yes but I want to rule out everything else that it could possibly be. She did her due diligence as a doctor to ensure all test were and didn't just discredit me because of my anxiety. I feel like I was heard and that someone actually cared for once. Best feeling after dealing with this hopeless feeling for the last month and a half. 

2 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Tiffany so nice to hear some good news for once. Did the test results come back yet? Big thumbs up to your optometrist and hugs for you x
  • Posted

I'm sooooo happy for you.  Wish all doc were as caring. 

I've just changed to a different internal med. doc (females from now on because I just don't think male docs have a good insight into female problems).  After my first visit, I know the new doc is going to be heaven sent because she took a hour talking with me and sent me for tests that my other doc refused to.

Sending continued good vibes your way.

• Posted

It makes the biggest difference when you have a doctor that takes what you are saying seriously. I am so thankful for this doctor as my own doctor wouldn't do the test and I'd been asking for so long. Doctor's need to do the due diligence to ensure nothing medical is causing conditions and not just assume it is related to anxiety disorders. I am happy that you have a new doctor and wish you the best. smile 

• Posted

Hi Tiffany - lucky you. I can almost feel that rush of endorphins when you were validated. Best of luck, hope everything falls in to place for you.
    • Posted

Thank you, it has taken a while and validation came from someone I was not expecting but it def feels good, makes me feel like I'm not going crazy. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.