Some help please, feeling very low

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi everyone,

Lately Ive been feeling horrible, im feeling the lowest ive felt in a long time and it feels like theres no point in going on. It just seems to be knock after knock lately with things going so wrong, I just cant stay positive any more because somwthing comes along to bring me right down to the bottom.

Im getting those horrible thoughts again, that I should just go home and end it all. I just cant seem to keep it under control and I just want to burst into tears. I have no job anymore, no friends and it just feels like I have nothing in my life worth living for. I just cant handle the things constantly going wrong, not just for me, but my family too. The thoughts in my head make me question whats the point in living if this is the life im going to have. Everythings so hard lately.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Racherz, you know you are not alone at this. I know it might be far and in between, but keep hanging in there as you always do. You have a family that loves you that many people don't have that. Keep fighting the fight. Something good is bound to come out of this soon. Even the smallest positive thing. Keep going on that assumption.. As they say, 'this too shall pass." Remember that you do have people out there that still love you and are helping your fight. Get back to yourGP ASAP. Just hold on and things will get better. I promise you. Tale Care and good luck. I have no friends I can trust either, but there are good people around such as your family. Stay in communications with them. Maybe tell them how you feel. Just get yourself to a GP or good professional counseling. Keep fighting the fight, It's not your time yet. Take Care..
  • Posted

Hi Racherz

I know how you feel just when you think it can't get any worse something else happens and knocks you down again but just hang in there because it will pass , I agree with pat go back to your doctors and ask for help through this time, sometimes I find it's good to have a good cry if I am alone I just need to get those horrible feelings out, if you haven't anyone you can talk to use this forum you will find support on here there are many people struggling with this and.Sometimes it's it easier to speak to strangers than friends they don't judge you they just listen.

Try to be kind to yourself

Sue

• Posted

I can only echo what Pat & Sue have said. You need to make seeing you GP your priority. I have done this myself as a man, & us men are not good at coming to terms with weaknesses. It was the best thing I could have done. I was put on Citilapram straight away. It does take a few weeks to take effect, but it does take the edge off my anxiety.

The thing is Racherz,that most of us have whole heaps of problems & think we are the only ones. I can assure you this is not the case. On a personal level, I have been through such a whole heap of s**t in the last 10 years I have been on the verge of ending it all on a number of occasions. I have cried myself to sleep so often I think my pillowcases shrunk with all the tears!! That is when I could sleep, that is. Feeling suicidal, hardly any sleep for weeks, couldn't eat, frightened to go out, what the hell did I have to live for? I gradually got myself out of that rut onto an even keel. Then my marraige broke up after 30yrs, setting the cycle off again. I struggled through the worst period of my life. A friend who visited me talked me out of ending it all. I realized I was suffering with depression badly & needed professional help. I was so not looking forward to telling someone that I needed help that I backed out of the first appointment. Eventually went to see my GP & he couldn't have been kinder & understanding. He told me it is the most common cause of illness he treats after flu & colds. I went on the meds he gave me & I was doing OK. Then my mother died. I was very close to her & relied on her support as much as anyones. I felt I was adrift, the bad thoughts came back & I went downhill again. We nt back to mt GP &he increased the dose of my meds. Started to get a grip after a few weeks, then my father-in-law got inoperable cancer. He has been like a father to me for over 40yrs. I helped nurse him through, along with my mother-in-law & my wife, [ we have since become close again ] He technically died 3 times in 5yrs but finally succumbed a week ago. I felt like I had lost a father & a friend. I am in a complete turmoil right now. This forum which I only joined a week ago, has been a tremendous help & support to me. Keep in touch here either on the forum or via the PM system. You can message me any time if you feel like talking 1 on 1. Just don't give up. bad things happen to good people too. Hang in there. xx

• Posted

I'm going through exactly the same phase. Life has always been a roller-coaster, for me. I'm in my 60's and have felt like this since my teens because I don't have what I need in life. By 'need' I mean love and people around me.

When I feel low, like this, I think of it as Tsunami time. I know that the waves will subside and have to ride those huge waves until they do. The calmer waters will come. At the moment I'm swimming against the current - maybe one day I will reach that beautiful island that's always in the distance.

If you're young, join in as many activities as you can and create a good circle of friends and have FUUN - don't sit around moping.

• Posted

Thank you all for replying, it means a lot to me. I feel so isolated right now, I have noone to turn to for help. Lately I feel like im constantly on the verdge of a panic attack but it never comes to a head. Evrrything seems so overwhelming and time moves so painfully slow, an hour feels like it goes on forever. I am in need of some friends but I no ide how to meet anyone, I dont have that kind of confidence to approach people and I also dont have anywhere to meet anyone, no job or groups im in :-(
  • Posted

Rach, I totally understand how you feel and will send you a pm.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.