Some helpful tips.

Posted , 2 users are following.

Yesterday I saw another doctor concerning my BV and she suggested that I throw all my old underwear away, because no matter how much or how you wash them the bacteria can stay trap in the fabric.  She also said not to use soap down there, not to wear panty liners, not to take sit down baths and to rotate brands of pads.  There is something in pads that can cause you to get infections. 

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hello,

Thanks for sharing, I have considered throwing all of my underwear away. However, it will have to when when I get paid so I can afford more and not have to go commando at work lol. Also, I worry I will just get the same bacteria in my new underwear and have to start the whole process again. Didn’t she mention how long underwear is okay to keep before we should throw it away? I have chronic BV and it does not seem to go away. I might try this, I might not depending on research I am going to do on my own and see if it has helped women. Or if they just have to repeat the cycle of buying new underwear. 

• Posted

No she didn’t mention how long you can keep them.  She told me to do treatment and wear the new underwear.   I am to use the metro gel for 3 nights after my cycle.  And I have to talk 4 pills today 
    • Posted

I hope it works for you I’ve tried it all,  nothing seems to work. 😭😩 I hope a miracle medicine comes out soon. Good luck

• Posted

I hope that u find something that works for u.  I have been dealing with this for  about 2 years.   I’m ready to throw my whole vagina away. 
    • Posted

I have also! It’s TERRIBLE 😿 I can’t live the normal life of a 25 year old woman... instead I work and am embarrassed by odor. And hide away besides that, errands and appointments as much as possible... I lost weight and eat healthy as well.. thinking that would help but nope. Also tried antibiotics, creams, gels, boric acid suppositories, home remedies, switched to all cotton underwear  still nothing.... I can’t have sex! Which is NOT helping with my already high stress levels. Sheesh I hope we catch a break.... 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.