Some more advice please?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hey guys, 

so i I know I've posted in here before and just thought I'd post again for any advice on comparisons that would help me. It's always good to know your not the only one sailing down the anxiety stream, so any advice or information would be brill. 

So recently I've been getting different (not severe) pains throughout my left arm, and above (what I think and feel roughly) is my heart area. (Mind is going crazy, from telling myself I have agina to having a heart attakc) Also pains and painful wind feelings on the left side of my abdominal area. I also keep getting tired spells that just hit me and disappear. Can anyone relate?  I seem to get a lot of pins and needles in my left hand and the odd pains in both my left foot and hand too. Strange I know. I just feel super sensitive to any pain or odd feelings I get. Can anyone relate to any of these symptoms?

Anything that could help me would be brillaint. 

By the way i should mentioned, I am in the process of quitting smoking, I'm on day 4. 

Thanks a lot. 

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Visit your GP.

Any pain on the left side I'd say should be checked.

I get the pain in my top arm and sort of over to my breast/heart.

I think that's anxiety or a simple pulled muscle or tension in the muscle.

I also get the wind feeling on my lower left abdomen but I have ibs so I think that's related.

May not be anything to do with your symptoms but just thought I'd let you know I get some of these too.

• Posted

Hey, 

i was was diagnosed with anxiety a year and half a go and had blood tests, ECG and a holter moniter fitted about 6 weeks ago, all came back fine. Do you think it's worth another trip to see my go again? 

• Posted

Your going to have to ignore everything you feel for a few weeks. What you noted sounds like anxiety. I will tell you though you will feel like you have a chest cold in about a week and might have one. lungs clearling themselves and yes you get tingles and such as well along the way because of the increase in oxygen.same with head sensations.  You have been deprived of oxygen so the body needs to readjust and cleanse itself. Oddly feels like crap, but within a few weeks it all oasses. Ignore everything and focus on your goal of quitting smoking. Im assuming cigarettes. I have quit myself at intervals in time. I tend to go back and forth with it. Which js dumb but i do.

Even with no smoking what you described can fall into anxiety as well.

• Posted

Thanks Lisa, good to get any tips possible. I've been smoking for about 7 years now, about 10 a day, but felt it wasn't time to give up. Thank you for writing back to me. 

• Posted

Hi Daniel. What you're experiencing is exactly what brought me to this website a little over 4 weeks ago. I too had just quit smoking, was under lots of stress as a college student, and suddenly had pains in my chest and weird feelings in my left arm. Pins and needles in the hands, face, feet, etc. I had all of it. So I went to the ER and had a bunch of tests done, and then followed up with my GP, and all the tests were fine. That's when they told me I have anxiety. Maybe it'll help you to see that you're not alone. I'm definitely struggling with this stuff still, it's all new to me. Go see a doctor and get checked out....I promise your heart is fine. It will ease your mind to hear it from a doctor! 

• Posted

Hey, 

Thanks for getting back to me. It's good to know some people can relate. I've had anxiety for about a year and a half snow and had blood tests, ECG & a holder monitor done about a 6 weeks ago now. Do you think I should re visit my Gp? 

• Posted

If you had the tests done only 6 weeks ago, it's pretty much certain that your heart is fine! But for your own peace of mind, yes...you can revisit your GP. I've been putting off making an appointment for some weird feelings I've been having because the whole thing is a stresser for me. But once you leave with a clear bill of health, it's way easier to deal with the symptoms of your anxiety. Because anxiety is VERY uncomfortable, but it's not dangerous or fatal. 

Much love...

Nicholas 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.