Some of the numbness disappeared!

Posted , 10 users are following.

I had my bilatateral TKR surgery October 27, 2015, so 8 months ago, while living in India. Last week I returned to the USA as my work was finished. Yesterday I noticed that the numbness on the outside of my knees, down the sides of my shins is gone! Just like someone said it would be, without me even realizing when it had happened. The knees still have numbness, but now I'm feeling optimistic that that too will disappear. Woowho!

4 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Brilliant. I'm 6week post op and numb all down outer side of knee x nice to know there will be a light at the end of the tunnel xx
  • Posted

So good to hear some good news and reasons for optimism.  I had tkr just seven months ago and the outside of my knee is still numb!  I am not sure whether this will have any long term effect although I cannot see any disadvantages to it at the moment!  So, it is good to know that there is still time for this numbness to disappear.  Thank you for sharing your experience, Moandrieu. 
  • Posted

I had my bilaterL TKR 93/03/15. Am improving but still so stiff and sore....I am wondering if that is better and when. My left is still a slower healer than my right. My flex ion and extension is good with both though. Just curious. Thanks and good to hear good things!
    • Posted

Sorry my surgery was 03/03/15
    • Posted

Joyce, it's a long process. So I'm 5 months ahead of you, and still have lots of stiffness. I just keep trying to move my legs around so that doesn't happen. I think some days it feels better than others and I'm not really sure what it is that makes a difference. Just remind yourself as you are walking around or standing in place, it still feels better than it did before the surgery. smile
  • Posted

Show off !!!

No really that is fantastic news especially for the newbies on the forum

I am 20 weeks ish and if I stand still I forget I have a new knee still have straight and not so straight days and no bend days but still early days

I sleep like a baby but I do wake up for a pee !

Appetite back sadly and also back at work even so the positives outweigh the negatives

So again well done you

• Posted

That is great to hear! I am at the 5 month post tkr and am still experiencing the numbness. Glad to hear it will go away.

Thanks for sharing some happy news!

• Posted

I hate to say this but the left knee which was done 8 years ago still has numbness on the outer side. eek
    • Posted

Hazel, I think you were the one who had something about this before and I cringed. I feel I spoke too quickly. I shaved today and realized it's not all gone. But, it's better than it was and I'll take that.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.