Some pcos related questions

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi, I've not long been diagnosed with PCOS (December 2016), and upon diagnosis it was also discovered that I had a ruptured cyst - it had bled into or onto my ovary apparently. I had experienced an excruciating pain a few days prior and I experienced that pain again three days ago. Went to the doctors today, and she referred me, but my endocrine appointment isn't until May. I've also noticed I've had the urge to urinate more often, which I know is common in women with PCOS but I never had this problem. I menstruate on a regular basis. Also, as I'm typing this I can feel a very annoying pain in my ovary which I haven't really experienced before. I've also been experiencing pain during sex which is unusual. I'm wondering if anyone has any advice based on this? Could it be a ruptured cyst or could it be something else? My GP seemed to think that it's unlikely to be a ruptured cyst because I'd still be in a lot of pain apparently, but I don't think this is true. I'm also wondering what other treatments I might be offered, not including the pill which I don't want to take, and considering I'm a teenager. Any advice is welcome smile

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Sorry for the PCOS, I was diagonised of the same in October 2016. I was on Metformin, which made life difficult for me, managed to stay on it for 4 months. I went again to the doctor, rescan showed that the cycst on right ovary have dissappeared but on the right it has grown from 2 cm to 4 cm. I went to another gynae who operated on me 10 years ago. He scanned and confirmed the growing cyst. He has since put me under observation for a month and I am scheduled for another scan on 3rd April to see it the cysts are still growing or not. If they are growing he will remove them through a laparascopy which will be my second time. I mestruate normally too, I have started having sharp pain on the right ovary from December 2016, I am having pain during sex and I urinate more often. You were supposed to have a transvaginal scan to rule out a ruptured cyst. Its also good to seek help from another doctor mainly when you are in pains. I wish you all the best. As you are a teenager it might also be the reason why your doctor is taking time, sometimes the cyst go away themselves.
    • Posted

I get cysts also. Was diagnosed with PCOS years ago. I have bad anxiety, which I think is part of my peri menopause.
    • Posted

I was given a trans scan which diagnosed my pcos and also my first burst cyst, they did nothing about it though, neither did they the second time. I heard my friend was in hospital because of a ruptured cyst, and I wondered if we should've gone to the a&e too?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.