Some strange red spots on my Glans. STD? Thrush? I am very anxious!

Posted , 6 users are following.

Dear All! A month ago i had unprotected oral encounter with a new partner and since than I am checking myself regularly for any symptoms of STDs. etc for the time being the only new thing i discovered are some very small, mild red spots on my glans which not always very visible. (no itching, no pain, no discharge etc.) I attached a photo, how they are when you can see them. Does anyone have any idea what it could be? Shall I be worried? (please see the photo) Thanks in advance, Sam

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Google balanitis as abhishek966 suggested, but it does not look like an STD.  You don't appear to have an STD, so monitor and if you have any break or lesion on the surface, have it checked out.  

Never any harm in having yourself checked, usually free at a clinic.  Good source of information and peace of mind.

Good luck!

-K

• Posted

Dear All, thanks for your advise. Right now my glans turned really red and much more spots on it. I am quite worried!
    • Posted

This sounds similar to my experience. Received oral sex on 2nd May this year.  No symptoms or anything until recently when started noticing build up of smegma but assumed nothing wrong as that does happen from time to time especially if abstaining from sex (which I have been doing)

The only thing I have noticed is smelly urine.

Then after checking and washing myself in the shower this morning as normal I have checked just now when urinating and found similar red marks.

What is it? The consistent factor here is a moist environment- it does seem far wetter under my foreskin than normal for a far while now.

I have some images but seem unable to upload.

• Posted

Looks like balanitis. either fungal or bacterial. If you are really worried about it you can go to a sexual health clinic and they can swab for bacteria or fungus. That way you can know for sure and treat it accordingly. They'll also be able to tell you if it looks like something sexually transmitted, but I really doubt it is. Balanitis is pretty common in uncircumcised dudes 

• Posted

Have the same thing. I think it might be herpes! but so far I taken 3 test for herpes and all came back negative! 1,3, and 4 months after my oral sex. im going to repeat my test at 6 months and see what happens.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.