Some success stories please

Posted , 10 users are following.

Good morning everyone

Is there anyone that can guide me to a link that describes some success stories with TSM. Maybe that will encourage me further. I worry that I am in the 20% for whom it does not work and that really scares me. I did so well in the beginning, the first four weeks and now I can't see much progress. I know about the honeymoon, but what happens after?

I am the kind of person that gets inspired by other people's successes.

Please guide me here.

Hugs CK

2 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

The Sinclair Method refers to a treatment discovered by Dr David Sinclair.  It is not commonly referred to in the medical profession as The Sinclair Method, but rather it's medical name which is Pharmacological Treatment.

The treatment uses the brain's own learning mechanism.  Dr Sinclair discovered that, like the Pavlovs Dog experiement, the brain learns what is rewarding and what isn't.  Drinking alcohol causes a chemical cascade which produces dopamine, a feel-good chemical.  Repeated alcohol consumption allows the brain to learn that it feels good and a pathway in the becomes like a super highway.  In time, that pathway becomes so strong (stronger than other pathways) that your brain comes to anticipate alcohol in response to certain triggers.

Dr SInclair's research showed that if that chemical cascade is blocked from happening then the brain will, over a period of months, unlearn that alcohol produces reward.  The previously strong pathway weakens each time it is no longer reinforced with that chemical cascade and eventually breaks down.  Pharmacological Extinction has occured and a person is no longer bothered by cravings or urges to drink.

A very simple way to explain this in non-medical terms is that the brain has had a program deleted (the program being alcohol equals chemical reward).

It has been clinically tested over 120 times and shows excellent success rates.

However, the medical industry is often adverse to it for a number of reasons.  Firstly, the idea of immediate abstinence is still prevelant, even though it has such dismal success rates.  And among other reasons, the recovery industry is just that - and industry.  It makes a lot of people a lot of money with the ever-revolving rehab situation.  They don't like the idea of a safe, non-addictive medication that actually works!

There is a brilliant 50 minute documentary about this is called One Little Pill and it can be watched on Amazon.

How to get the medication required depends on where you live.  Are you in the US, UK or elsewhere?  In the US, they have 1 medication that can be used for this which is called naltrexone.  Across Europe, we have two  - naltrexone and nalmefene.  Both are prescription-only.

For more info, google C3 Foundation Europe if you are in Europe or CThree Foundation if you are in the US>

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.