Some symptoms after antibiotics?

Posted , 1 user is following.

hi im 34 years old male -- really relieved to see a message board about diverticulitis. i was diagnosed with it for the first time about 3 weeks ago.

i just finished my antibiotics of flagyl and bactrim. As of 5 days ago (half way through antibiotic course) a ct scan showed my sigmoid as still being inflamed but the doctor said the labs looked overall good.. the doctor felt confident to send me home and told me to finish the antibiotic course and not to go back to ER unless i have severe stomach pain or fever, even if i was having other mild symptoms.

i havent had a fever for weeks now.

the only symptoms i feel is the pain is very dull but i feel it. like a small pinch. also a bit of light night sweats, and generally fatigued and not a huge appetite.

does this sound normal? is there pain or inflammation sometimes even when the infection is not present any more?

i have an appt with A GI but not for another week so i just want to make sure im not doing anything to make it worse until then by waiting

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.