Some things on my phone are fine to do but at certain times other things don't work well for my head

Posted , 2 users are following.

I've been dealing with some extreme anxiety issues for the past 2 and a half months now, and it's debilitating at this point. It's taken away almost everything I love to do. One thing that makes me think I may have some kind of brain issue though is that playing certain games on my phone is fine for me, they wont cause any kind of head issues, anxiety, or nausea. But at certain times like when I watch YouTube or other apps they cause all those previous issues. I don't know if it's my anxiety that causes my brain to go off or if there's something wrong. Main question is why can I do some things on my phone just fine (mostly one app) all the time but sometimes doing any other things on my phone will cause a bunch of issues. Do I have an eye problem? 99% sure I don't need glasses though. Thanks for any responses as they're really valued to me. 😃

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hi Colby, You know each thing you watch on a screen has different lighting, movement, sound...the screen flashes, at a rate you cant always see it (sometimes at different rates, screens also can flicker)but, it can cause problems...reading script vs. watching repeated movement of say video games, or youtube videos, can effect your eyes, maybe the one game/app is different, or your eyes are used to it, maybe you need to take more breaks, eye drops for dry eyes & staying hydrated are good ideas....you can get eye strain, headaches, nausea, neck pain, even seizures if you have underlying disorders...all kinds of symptoms...It is important to not sleep with your electronics by your head, put a barrier in between, like put them in a drawer or box or in the corner, under table etc..so, also if you can filter the blue light(a setting on your phone), keep your phone farther away from your face/eyes, turn down brightness, use night mode, USE 20/20/20...look up from your phone/tablet every 20 min, focus on something 20ft away for at least 20 sec....if you're die hard into something;close one eye at a time for 10 min, to give it a rest, wearing sunglasses can cut brightness & glare, using your phone in bright light/outside by a window can cause glare so look for that...all these things can help...if you are watching tv or a bigger screen, farther away is better...these issues are really common so, try some of these things and see if it helps, any Q just A anytime, Good Luck & BEST WISHES💒🌈☮♾🐾🎶💻📱📺

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.