Some tips to make you feel normal while having this.

Posted , 8 users are following.

I posted a few days ago regarding the epstein barr / glandular fever. Im almost into my 5 month  anniversary. Celebration will be required LOL. My symptoms when I first got it was tiredness and basically feeling like the human equivalent of a turd. However not knowing what it was I thought it was just a bad cold. So I went back work and the anxiety kicked in awful and I was put on propranolol 10mg daily. My main issue I have now is a dizziness/unbalanced feeling not room spin though. A few weeks ago it went away. But now its back it doesn't scare me but its bloody annoying. I work through it daily I cycle to work 5 days a week. When Im on my bike Im not dizzy weird I know. Ive been on Vitamin C Vitamin b complex Multivitamin omega 3 and cod liver oil. I might change up to seven seas multivitamin. Right that out of the way couple of questions for you good people.

1. has anyone had the dizziness and what was a way to rid yourself of it

2. Probably not a question i wanna know the answer too. How long will I have this the EBV

Thanks for reading people. Im not inpatient Ive had to learn not to be inpatient with this

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

Hi jelley,

1. Not really suffered from dizziness but we are all different

2. My gp originally said to me 6-12 months. It's coming up to a year for me and I'm really improved.it really is fading. It it was probably at about 8 or so months when I saw a good improvement.

• Posted

Hi Jelley93, I am into month 7.  I too go through days when I think I’m completely over it then it comes back and bite me on the bum!!!  I am back at work, but i still get exhausted and pains in my lower abdomen and the back of my neck.  My dizziness has gone, but it did take 5 months before it did!!!!  I can’t tell you when you will completely feel better, from being on this support group and reading others stories it could take years.  I’m keeping an open mind and whilst having to listen to my body and rest when it aches I am trying to get back on track especially with work.......good luck and a steady recovery.  Xxx
    • Posted

Hi Katy

I also suffer with my neck! I found out I had glandular fever end of July this year. My main issue is tiredness, neck pain, stOmach pain, glands up and down and throat issues! Do u get pain at the back of ur neck and the side? Xx

• Posted

Dizziness was one of my main symptoms when I was acutely sick for a few weeks in the beginning. I'm prone to dizziness in general though. 

I'm 4-5 weeks in and I feel 80 percent better. I had an insane sore and swollen throat for three weeks and flu symptoms for a few weeks too. Now I'm a little tired but nowhere near compared. 

Do you drink enough water? I think that's my issue as well 

• Posted

Also, when I'm very dizzy, I lay flat on my back on my bed and turn my head all the way to one side and stare at the wall for a minute and then to the other wall. It's a little nauseating, but it works. A doctor told me to do that. 

• Posted

ill try that ros. I drink like a fish plenty of water Ive cut right back on pop and coffee no alcholol either
  • Posted

Hey Jelley,

Oh I really do empathise with what you're going through, just want you to know I'm thinking about you and remind you that you WILL get better. The EBV virus is something that has infected the majority of the western world, I've read different things in different places, but generally 75% of people get infected at some point in their lives (I've read 90% and 95% too). Most I think get it as children and it doesn't affect them so badly. It just stays dormant in your system after the illness has subsided, so want you to know that glandular fever definitely DOES and WILL go away for you, Recovery seems to take different time periods for different folks, for me I noticed a big change after 9-10 months, that's when I really started to feel like I was moving forward. But BY FAR the first 5 months that you have been through is the worst period, and the intensity lessens after that and the time will come when you feel like your body resilience returns again - really want to reassure you of that because sometimes you think it never will when going through it!

You're doing the right things by taking vitamins, make sure you get plenty of rest and don't overdo things on exercise / cycling / work too, just try to find a healthy balance and be kind to your body as it's still recovering.

Hang in there! I truly believe things are going to get better for you Jelley from here on in. Don't panic if recovery doesn't come immediately, because it definitely will come and you WILL feel normal again.

Craig

• Posted

Thank you Craig as I'm writing this I'm sat in the car in a shopping centre. I could only walk so far then fatigue set in. I'll take on board what you have said it's just so annoying. But thanks a lot for sending me inspiration means a lot. I'll keep my chin up

• Posted

No problem Jelley, I know it's so hard to do, just hang in there and remember you won't always feel this way. Keep in touch and let us know how you are doing.

Craig

• Posted

Sometimes dizziness is caused by low blood volume/ low blood pressure. I'd suggest trying a bit more salt in your diet, maybe trying compression socks and make sure to keep getting your blood tested to make sure your vitamins aren't low. Mono sucks, I hope you're feeling better soon!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.