Some worrying symptoms. Weakness on the side of my body.

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hi ladies. I am absolutely desperate for your help and advice. I've been suffering with many of the usual symptoms like insomnia, shocks, tingling, twitching, head aches and neck pain but recently they seem to be more prominent on the left side of my body. My body seems much weaker than usual and I have noticed that my grip and the twitching fingers are worst on the left side. Also, I have white spots in my mouth which are not caused by oral thrush (had tests) and they won't seem to ease up no matter what gels or mouth washes I use. Has anyone had similar experiences with weakness on one side of their body and white spots in their mouths. I keep thinking that it might be some auto- immune disease because I have not read about these symptoms on the menopause site. My anxiety levels are through the roof as I anxiously await my blood results. Please help! Thanks.

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

I do know that for some unknown reason most things are left sided. I'm not sure about the white spots in your mouth. I would've suspected thrush too. Are they painful like ulcers? How bad is the weakness? Like bell's palsy weak where you feel like you had a stroke?

I have a good feeling that your bloodwork will be perfectly normal. We all seem to be the healthiest sick or sickest healthy (?) people around!

• Posted

Almost all of my symptoms are only on my left side of my body. I've had the tingling, itching, pins and needles, bone pain, breast pain, you name it I've had it. very rarely will it creep over to the right side. My health anxiety is through the roof, but with each new symptom it helps to know it is probably hormone related. These forums help to know you are not alone. I've not had the white spots in mouth. it is important to get checked out by Dr to rule out the bad things, then if all clear just know you are not alone! hugs your way!

• Posted

Almost all of my symptoms are only on my left side of my body. I've had the tingling, itching, pins and needles, bone pain, breast pain, you name it I've had it. very rarely will it creep over to the right side. My health anxiety is through the roof, but with each new symptom it helps to know it is probably hormone related. These forums help to know you are not alone. I've not had the white spots in mouth. it is important to get checked out by Dr to rule out the bad things, then if all clear just know you are not alone! hugs your way!

• Posted

Whenever I bump or scratch my left forearm I'll get nasty purple marks under my skin. But it never happens on my right arm. The other day I was talking to my 80 something neighbor and I noticed he had huge old people purple spots all over his left arm and none on his right arm! What the what??????

My problems were all left sided, ovarian cyst, left back pain, left ab pain.

• Posted

The fact that it's dominant on one side of our bodies is really odd. Hopefully, they can find the cause of some of my problems. Take care and thanks for replying.

• Posted

I appreciate your rapid reply and I'm sorry to hear that you too are suffering with these awful symptoms especially the heightened anxiety. Since no one seems to have the spots/inflammation in their mouths I'm stressing about that in particular. I've seen my Dr and the dentist and neither had a clue. So the mystery continues. All the best and kindest regards.

• Posted

Just give it some time for more replies. I know other women who have had the same as you.

• Posted

this is so me!!!i have been all right sided, though!! i am a hairdresser and my right arm/hand has been so weak that i am constantly dropping combs, hairspray bottles, etc. you are definitely not alone. AND weird but true- my ovarian cyst is on my right side.....

• Posted

Thanks for sharing Nakai. I have never been a clumsy person but over the last few months I have noticed a change and it's terrifying me. Doctors just don't seem to take it serious though

• Posted

Apart from the spots in your mouth I know all of the described symptoms. Mainly in my left side but recently primarily in the right side. Sometimes it feels like a very tiny cramp in my hand and fingers. Also I know the purple spots! And thank you for that. 😃 I have been thinking about the worst diseases ever. I have them both on my foot, and my arm. Like a bruise - only I did not bump into something.

• Posted

I have not had bruises but I have had lumps on my arms and legs which can be painful. Also, my fingers on my left hand side twitches which contributes to the weakness. Hoping that you and all the other ladies feel better soon. Thanks for sharing.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.