Somebody please help!

Posted , 6 users are following.

So it all started about 5-6weeks ago with what I thought was globus sensation. I had a sensation of something like an oat struck in the back of my mouth/top of throat to the left side but no pain. Then 3 weeks in I developed a sore throat and tickly cough. This has persisted and it's been about 2 weeks with these symptoms. I still have the feeling of something stuck. When I wake up, the back of my throat is very dry and sore (especially on the left side) and I have pain on swallowing from my sore throat, also my voice seems hoarse to me. I can eat and drink as normal but today my tounge feels sore as if I have an ulcer. I'm so very worried and suffer from health anxiety. My Dr has been less than helpful and although he could see inflammation in my throat he puts it all down to anxiety. Could this be the cause? Anyone else going through something similar? I feel like I'm going mad!

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi, first of all, don't panic. I have the same thing pretty much that you described. You may have LPR. (google it). I have had this for over two years Good new is the stuck in the throat feeling has lessened over time so I go through the day without even noticing. My feeling is exactly like yours so I think yours will lessen too. I wish you the best in your search for some relief. Please share any solutions/ideas with this forum. Regards.

This is so widespread I am convinced someone will come up with a cure.

• Posted

Thank you. I will ask Dr about LPR. I do seem to have quite a few of the symptoms. I have IBS so the reflux could be linked to that. My diet isn't great either, maybe I need to look into that.

• Edited

hey i also have this but am new to the feeling ive had it for about 3 months now it comes and goes through the day and some days r bad my doctor kept saying its anxiety but ive never had or suffered with anything like that so a little confusing but while telling me its in my head they are treating me for acid reflux all very messed up lol i find that streching ur neck and massaging it helps and gargaling water xx

• Edited

Its Acid Reflux/LPR, been dealing with this for the last 3 Years. it all comes down to your Sphincter port between your Esophagus and Gut, it is mot functioning properly therefore its letting the Stomach Acid up NORTH into your Esophagus were it has NO Place to be. When this ACID passes up this point WE are all in for a Roller Coaster Ride. It gives you all kinds of SYMPTOMS (Sore Throat, Sinus, Water like feeling of drowning inside your nose, Dry Mouth with Choking feelings, Thick Phlegm, Bitter taste, Ear Aches, Desperation Feelings, and many more Symptoms.) From what I can tell you after 3 years of making this deal my new best friend, because it hangs out with me 24/7, there are only a Couple options to get this Fixed, Surgical Intervention, or Healthy Eating. Otherwise WE are stuck on this Channel.

• Edited

This info is from a PREVIOUS Post, hope it helps:

Hello everyone, I hate to say, Welcome to the Club, as this is one Club that none of us with this issue would like to be members of, but going back to your symptoms, get checked up on your Vitamin D3 Levels as for me when I had this done, I found out That my D3 Level was at 15, when the normal range is 50-100, (Pryor to this check up I have gone thru about 40 Doctor Appts.,/15 procedures of all kinds, lots of Bloodwork aside from your normal Bloodwork Test). But taking 5000 IU of vitamin D3 Daily has made a huge difference about 90% better. I’ve also found out thru research on medical studies published on the net, that if you have silent LPR which is related to (GERD), the acid from your stomach can mess up the entire upper part of your Digestive System, (Esophagus, Throat, Mouth). As Hydrochloric Acid is not suppose to leave the Stomach, when it travels to your Upper Digestive tract it not only Coats your Esophagus, Throat and Mouth with an enzyme called Pepsin but it also disrupts your Upper Digestive Flora, Yes thats correct just as we have a Gut Flora We also have a Flora of organisms from our Mouth all the way down to our Colon. When this Pepsin Enzyme has Coated your Upper Digestive Tract it penetrates and settles into the fibers of your tissues, Therefore creating tenderness and inflammation along with throat tightness and many other symptoms that most Doctors will call it Stress/Anxiety/Globus and many other names that they can come up with. For some reason from personal Experience, this Pepsin has triggers, and flare ups, for Me Water and Milk triggers it to an ON position and to turn it OFF I drink lots of Ginger or Chamomile Tea. Now, Leaving this Pepsin Enzyme alone, When your Upper Digestive Flora is out of balance due to the massive kill of organisms done by the Acid, only the stronger Organisms will survive, Candida, H. Pylori and so on. This stronger Organisms will re populate and take over the space left by the other organisms that were killed by the stomach Acid, and its this Surviving Organisms that also give you Dry Mouth, Mouth ulcers, White coated Tongue, Chocking and Tightness Sensations. Keep in Mind that the Flora in your whole Digestive System Mouth to Colon has to be in Perfect Balance at all times. Am not a Doctor, But it is Very Sad to know that theres people out there that have lost all hope in the meaning of life.

• Posted

Thank you everyone, I really appreciate your replies. It does seem to me that I fit the description for LPR. I'm going to try and see Dr again and I will mention this. I really am struggling with this and my anxiety (which is ALWAYS an issue) I wonder how many of us are anxious personalities to begin with? This all started when I was going through a worrying time with my young daughter, thankfully resolved but my symptoms persist. It's my pain on swallowing which is concerning me now as I never had that before 😣

• Edited

omg I have had this terrible feeling in my throat off and on for months. feels like something literally stuck behind my tongue it gives me so much anxiety like it's going to stop me from breathing . I've read all about globus, but it doesn't feel like a lump it feels like something rubbing on the back of my throat. it's always there because I'm always thinking about it. sometimes if I'm preoccupied it goes away for a short time but comes right back.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.