Somebody please help

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi I'm 24 I give birth just over 5 weeks ago and week after giving birth I started having full time dizziness like I was walking on a bouncy castle or something before this I would have odd sensation now and again like I had just spun around or something very fast but that would last seconds .

This is now full time dizziness first just over 4 weeks it's causing distress so much my health anxiety has come back and now I don't understand what's really or not I mentioned it to doctors at hospital and they said eat and drink more my doctors did a blood test and I have anemia I've been on my iron pills for 3 weeks now and no difference at all I'm so dizzy this is effecting me I can't go out if I do I end up panicking ill collapse I can't clean I'm scared to shower I really have to push myself to shower I did fall over side ways while cleaning a couple weeks ago so this is where the fear of standing came from ...

I do keep having odd random very severe pain on right side of head but I've had that for months on end I've told my doctor who said he will get me a ct scan for piece of mind but could take months I haven't even had a reffer letter yet .

I have two children who need me to do alot for them as they are both at active ages and obviously my baby needs me and I'm scared of doing anything I'm clingy to my partner now as I'm scared to be alone I've reffer myself for cbt even incase it's anxiety but I really feel it's not I feel I have a a virus or something even though I don't...

My other symtoms that have started occurring is a dull horrible pain around chest area every now and again my right arm randomly will go weak at point throughout the day my heart will thud and go fast and I'll get more dizzy which will then make me nearly black out and I have to hold onto something I put this down to anemia my blood pressure is OK I've checked it on my.ontiror although it will randomly go high and also picked up irregular heartbeats a few times ...

I thought maybe I had pots syndrome but I'm just not too sure anymore I'm trying not to diagnosed myself but this dizziness is making me feel like I'm dieing I know it's not normal and I'm very active I walk alot ect and now I can't so it is very frustrating please if anybody has had severe dizziness for more than a month will you please insight me in the cause as my doctors don't seem to have a clue why I'm dizzy

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Also mention it feels a bit like when your drunk / hungover at the same time .

I've had a eye test and she said my eyes are great just one eye is lazy but I did the reaction test and passes on both eyes even though I can hardly see out my left eye she said it related brilliant and they was shocked

• Posted

Your situation sounds extremely dangerous.  I would insist on an MRI not just a CT scan.  I have vestibular neuritis but what you're describing in ways sounds similar but not some of the other symptoms.  The dizziness and spinning when doing house work all sound familiar.  The other issues don't. You have to be your own health advocate.  If your doctor doesn't take you seriously find another doctor. 
    • Posted

No doctor seems to take me seriously because on my notes I have anxiety ! I've even refferd myself to mental health team again just so they can't say it's that.

Doctors seem to give a blank stare when I say my symtoms a few have asked me what they should do !

My doctor is different everytime I go so it's very hard to get them to understand nobody seems to know what I'm on about it do admit I am a hypercondria but this isn't it I wish it was I never thought I'd say that xx

• Posted

I am so sorry you are going through this. I was told for 10 years I had POTS. Now they are saying I don't. But I am on heart medication. Have you seen a cardiologist? I would go there first to rule out a heart condition and I would go to a neurologist. I have been dizzy for over three months and I was never alone with my kids for two months. Then I slowly started being a mommy by myself. But it was very scary. My youngest is three so he is easier than a newborn. I agree you have to be your own advocate!
    • Posted

I went to a cardiologist in 2014 different reason my heart rate would suddenly start up basically it would jump to 140 + the machines I was on was dinging and nobody found anything wrong so was told anxiety the cardiologist laughed as he said ill do you a scan but I won't find anything he was right I had a ultrasound and they was nothing he found accept a healthy heart ! I then got a holter 24 hours again told nothing bad was found ....

But that was 2014 not now and then I also had many ecgs only one finding irregular heart beat but nothing more was said .

So much could of changed since having my baby though and my friend just got back from a neurologist appointment she told me he said walk in a straight line so I did it and she said I am walking straight I don't feel like it then she said close your eyes stamp your feet again I could do it I felt I was falling but u wasn't ???

I really feel unwell something isn't right it's just finding what xx

• Posted

You sound just like me ( had a late miscarriage at. 20 weeks in Feb ) and had low iron too that's all sorted now but can't shake of the exact same things you have said have had 3 ecgs heart all normal even tho it races like a trooper some days ! I to get the chest pains and numb arm but also get other symptoms too not daily but now and then and that head feeling was awful it is much better now as each week goes by I get it less and less I just ignore it now I really do think that is the key once you acknowledge it it plays on your mind and makes you worse I couldn't be left on my own for a month but am back to work now and doing all normal stuff I convinced myself it was something awful but docs have said its all anxiety and while I let it rule my life it will I've never been an anxious person before must be because I was so poorly after the miscarriage well that's the only thing I can think of the mind can be a horrible thing sometimes X
    • Posted

Sorry to hear that hun I had a mc in 2014 it took me so long to come to terms with it I blamed myself and my body and started to know why it happened ect and drive myself mad I do admit I have anxiety I always will unfortunately but it feels asif my body isn't recovering ... what dose iron was you on I take one tablet a day im not sure it's enough as I really don't feel any better xxx
    • Posted

Just one tablet a day took about a month before levels sorted them selves out in just sick of being like this I just want to be normal again today a bad day my head feels horrid like it wants to fall off 🙈 They said its my body's way of dealing with what happened but some days my mind races as to what it could be (like something bad ) but deep down I know I'm fine it's stupid anxiety
  • Posted

I'm off to doctors today it feels dangerous too I know I'm dying just they aren't taking me seriously I can't just change doctor I'm from UK think it's a week after signing up to a new doctors you can see them I'm petrified to be honest my partner my mum nobody is taking me seriously when I know it's only a matter of time
    • Posted

You can change it just takes 48 hours to put you on the system then can see a doctor I'm from uk too I just moved because I thought the same but the new doctors have said the same that it's all anxiety I've been to a&e as it freaked me out and been seen by consultant all point towards anxiety

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.