someone advise me please

Posted , 3 users are following.

hi everyone im 23 & i got diagnosed with crohn’s disease in march 2017 i tried every medication and now on injections (humari) think there called but recently iv had really bad rib pain right hand side lower ribs & tonight my full rib cage is hurting & keep going blurry vision im also on prednisalone steriods for my weight ect as i loose it when not on them so being on and of for a while can anyone tell me what i should do please,it’s painful day by day and worrying doctors told me i broke a rib bit confused really 

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Jake, I am sorry that you are having so much pain and I wish I had the answer your looking for. I like you have just started Humira beginning Dec 2017 for active Crohns. I had a ressection 40yrs ago, have been in remission for many years then boom, it hit. I've been on pentasa for 18 years and able to avoid steroid use but GI Doctor said Pentasa was working anymore hence the Humira. I too have experienced pain around rib area all around to my back and down to my hips. Pain so excruciating for 3-4 days after receiving injections. I went to see the GI Doctor Jan 8th.( I was sick with with a upper Respiratory infection so was told to hold Humira for a couple of days ) I did tell Dr about the pain which I had never experienced before until Humira. I told him I would try 1 more time but if I had any pain I was done because I was sure Humira was the culprit. Well anyways with hesitation, some fear I took my injection of Humira 4 days ago and so far so good. So I can't explain it but I did a Google search I ASKED the question has anyone experienced back pain, it took me to a website where actual human beings told of their experiences with Humira. It was not pretty. Of course some were using Humira for other diseases such as RA, Psoriasis and so forth. I read very little good things about Humira. Like I said, no back pain as of yet since last injection but if I don't see some results soon I will carefully weigh this plan of action for Crohn's because these Meds are suppose to help us not hurt us. Read what you can on this, talk to your GI Doctor about your concerns. I personally after reading all the reviews on Humira, I'm not a Dr don't claim to be anything in medical field but I do not think you broke a rib. Have you fallen, or been punched in the gut. Odds are you are having just 1 of the many ugly side effects from meds. Hope you find the reason for your pain. Wish I could have been more help. God bless.

• Posted

thank you & it all just messes with my head i dont really know what to do or think i just hate all the pain its causing and tiredness thanks for your advice and help i appreciate it,hopefully ill get sorted soon smile x

• Posted

Do you have access to an IBD nurse as part of your hospital's support function? Not all hospitals have them but some do and they're a helpful place to get support. Sounds like a rough time of it. Good luck - it's a journey - but I'm sure things will get better in the coming months.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.