Someone calm me down

Posted , 3 users are following.

I was sitting here and all of a sudden my left shoulder hurt for a second. I felt pins and needles all through my body. My heart rate shot up but I got it to come down. My hands are a little clammy. I'm a 29 year old female. Non drinker or smoker. I think it's a panic attack. I take 20mg of citalopram daily and do have .5mg of clonezepam on hand that the doctor prescribed. But I'm too scared to take it together. I wasn't even thinking about anything. Just playing a family feud game...

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

My husband is helping. I took the clonepam. But my chest feels warm. I'm scared.

• Posted

You're fine.

It's anxiety playing it's little games. I get those as well. Sometimes I even feel like my blood flowing through my heart if that makes sense. I pay no attention to it. It goes away after a while. I bet if you pay no mind it will go away as well. You gotta get your mind of this vicious routine you've gotten it into. It's hard but it's worth it in the long run. But hey. If you are feeling really bad then please seek help. Also keep in mind heart pain usually comes with physical strain. And takes a while for the pain to go. For example. You are running and it starts hurting. If you stop running and it's stops then it's probably not you're heart. Now if it takes like 20 minutes for the pain to go away then maybe it's time to worry but I'm no expert. That is what I've been told. If pain comes and goes in an instant it's probably not that. Also you already know you have anxiety. Anxiety can cause all this. And more. You'll be okay.

• Posted

Thank you for responding. My mind just automatically goes to heart attack everytime. Right now with the clonezepam in my system my hotness went away, no more pins and needles, just sleepy. I did a lot more this weekend than I usually do. As in being more social (I'm a hermit). Got sunburnt then went shopping with my brother today. I was feeling better from starting the Celexa on Wednesday. Now I'm just sleepy. Not shaking as bad. I just want to get rid of this.

• Posted

Relax!!!! I get the same thing.. That feeling of doom feeling came right after didn't it? That is How I tell it was just a random pain. I get those pains a few times a week. I know its hard to get your mind off of it. Go put a cold cloth on your face, a lot of times it will shock your body enough to make it not focus on the panic attack.. And they come along at the weirdest time, almost making sure you don't forget you have anxiety.

• Posted

Yes the feeling of doom scares the crap out of me. Scariest part by far. And the shaking. I'm more calm but I still feel the chest burning. And I'm just exhausted now.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.