someone has stoped caring for me will this effect my pip

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi I'm extremely worryed as the person who used to care for me has received a letter saying as they no longer care for me it will effect my payments could some one please tell me is this correct?? I was all ready getting payments before I had some one caring for me. It's makeing my extremely anxious and don't know what to do 😭😭 

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

i dont understand if you was getting your own care allowance and you paid this person i dont see how are has this person told you they got a letter
  • Posted

If the person doesn't care for you anymore you will get extra money to pay for your own career, but it doesn't make sense why they send a letter to the career and not you . 
    • Posted

Only if the person being cared for was in receipt of a means tested benefit.

The carer would get a letter if they or the cared for has contacted the DWP saying that they no longer care. The carer will have the Care Allowance stopped.

• Posted

Hi les can she get the money that her career use to take from the dwp into her benefits and pay for her own career? Because I'm paying for my own career 
  • Posted

A proportion of your money was paid to the carer.  If you no longer have one it will go to you to help pay towards other help.  x

• Posted

Ok I'm totally confused 😖 it was my ex partner they got the carers allowance and it was paid to him it came off my esa benefit 
    • Posted

Why are you confused?  As your ex partners is no longer caring for you the money paid to him to do it will revert back to you.  This is so you can pay someone else to care for you.  That's all this means.  x
    • Posted

Hi Zoe

Are you in receipt of DLA or PIP @ standard or enhanced rate for Daily Care? Also did you live alone?

You might have been entitled to Severe Disability Premium. If so then when someone claimed CarerAllowance for looking after you the SDP would have stopped being paid to you and paid to your carer. It will now revert to you.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.