Someone help!

Posted , 2 users are following.

I’ve been given antibiotic ear drops for an ear infection but they have become painful to put in my ear. I also have tinnitus and dizziness when walking. Just wondering what could be causing this had for nearly two months now sad

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Also I was washing my hair the other day and the water got in my ear which caused it to become very painful. What is going on. Doctors visit number 4 today .... great
  • Posted

Hello Jasmine,

Do your ear/ears feel blocked ?  I never find that antibiotic ear drops any good and usually then

put ask for oral antibiotics, which probably you need.

Dizziness is common with tinnitus and tinnitus is common when our ears are blocked.

If you find when you get oral antibibiotics they still don't help.....you will then need Prednisolone

steroid tablets to get rid of all the inflammation that has swelled your Eustachian tubes so they're

unable to drain.

As I've suffered Eustachian Tube Dyfunction fo so many years, I know what works and what doesn't.

I'm so fortunate that I live in England, as it seems others countries aren't able to get  what has helped

me and that's Flixonase Nasule Drops.  I tell absolutely everyone on this Forum how good my ears

have been since last April 2017....due to the medication I've used.  I've seen my ENT consultant at

the hospital today ( one of my twice yearly appts.) and he is very pleased with how I am getting on

and seem to be on top of this awful condition.

Here to help if you need to message.

Regards

Anne

• Posted

Hi Anne

Went to the doctors this afternoon she said my ears look fine but I’ve still got this ringing in them. As for the dizziness she doesn’t know what’s causing it. I’ve had blood tests and blood pressure tests and everything is fine. I really don’t know what’s going on with me sad

• Posted

Hiya,  suggest it could be Meniers disease, which is a virus.....sorry I think I've spelt that

incorrectly.  Or Google and read what it says about it.

Tinnitus could be stress.

Anne

• Posted

I hope not I’m only 21 I don’t want something that progresses and eventually causes hearing loss.. that would suck. Tinnitus sounds more like it as I have just started on anti depressants for anxiety x
    • Posted

Meniers goes, so you don't have to worry about that, it's a virus that will eventually you'll get better from, assuming that is what you've got....but may not be.  Tinnitus can be caused through stress.  I was talking about the vertigo....that won't be permanent either.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.