Someone help, is this allergies?

Posted , 5 users are following.

Had the following -

Bunged nose in the mornings only

Sniffing

I have had post nasal drip

(runs when eatting but this has died down.)

Headaches

Achey - in the morning

Chest feels congested

No sore throat

When I swallow I can feel phlegm but not loose or on my chest.

Horse voice morning and evening - sometimes

Clearing throat

painful nose only one side

dizzy

Anyone? I’m going mad over thinking.

is it hayfever, reflux, anxiety or flu

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Edited

It sounds like it could be allergies or possibly a sinus infection.

Are you getting heartburn or sick burps? If you are you may have allergies and reflux.

You could try taking some antihistamine to see if it helps. I would recommend taking in the evening though because it can make you drowsy and don't drink alcohol if you take them.

• Posted

So, my covid test cane back negative.

past 2 days just felt awful, i know the hayfever bomb has hit and its VH in my area now. I cant believe its allergies lol? tight chest today, i take a tablet but does not seem to help tbh.

reflux i get hicups and burping but some day worse than others.

Thank you for your reply!

• Edited

Try some nexium to see if it helps, you need 1 every day. But take a multi vitamin and mineral every day with it too as nexium can stop you absorbing nutrients from food and drinks but it is really good at helping reflux symptoms.

• Posted

I get a blocked nose and a bit phlegmy and wheezy in the morning and a cold and flu tablet can sometimes help. I use Beechams all in 1, but any brand with those same ingredients is fine even a supermarket own brand works the same.

• Posted

Thank you, I already take all of these!

I will try the cold and flu though as my nose is so blocked today! &had a tight chest and felt short of breath all day yest but oxi reader was fine! everything roles into one at the moment lol

• Posted

Look up breathing exercises for dysfunctional breathing or diaphragmatic breathing techniques. I have had a lot of breathing problems and these exercises have helped a bit. We can get in bad breathing habits without realising.

• Posted

my nose is blocked and head feels congested and achy i have mo energy at all

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.