Someone help ? is this the right kind of menu ?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Monday.

Breakfast –  Weetabix = 2.0g

Lunch –  Broccoli and Cauliflower cup of soup + caramel snack a jack 25g bag = 4.9g

Dinner – Spaghetti and Sausage + 50/50 Bread = 5.3g

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Wow! I need that recipe! 😊 I can't find any bread less that 0.5g and never seen any low fat sausages that are less than 8g! Which did you use? That's amazing!

I've just restarted orlistat after having my baby, 2 years ago I lost 5 stone in a year but struggling to get motivated this time

• Posted

I just spent 3hrs looking onasda at different packages n wrote what i could and couldnt have
  • Posted

Isnt it aslong as your foods are lower that 5g per 100g.

All this above is based on 100g

• Posted

Yes but it can only be so much fat per meal or per day,

So say if I had spaghetti bolognaise, and I used 5% fat mince, and had 200g of it that would be 10g of fat, then half a jar of sauce say 1.0 g of sauce and I had half that would be 0.5, and if I had a hand full of pasta that worked out at 5g of fat it's added together so would make the meal 25.5g of fat for that dish.. I always try to stick to under 20g for my main meal and up to 10g for lunch and 5g for breakfast so added together 35g of fat for the day

• Posted

Sorry I've just seen above comments! I thought you meant sausage and some pasta not the tin 🙈 Sorry, ignore me! I've got total baby brain at min with a 10 week old lol

• Posted

If you use the search field on this site for orlistar it gives you the opportunity to look at a document produced by a Norfolk hospital & it includes a 4 day meal planner.

I have to say Kirsty that it doesn't look like you're eating much! Are you getting your 5 a day? I'm no expert in these meds so can only go by what works for me (1st 12lbs in 5 weeks btw) & I make sure I eat filling foods with ideally 50% of my plate as vegetables/salad at each meal or fruit at breakfast - e.g. porridge with skimmed milk & frozen berries for breakfast, soup or salad with protein, yoghurt & fruit for lunch & stuffed mushrooms/turkey Bolognese with courgetti/ sweet potato topped

• Posted

Whoops! Hit post before I'd finished! I make cottage pie topped with sweet potato & butternut squash or a huge salad with a bean burger etc. I like a pudding so sugar free jelly & low fat ice cream or a meringue nest with yoghurt & fruit.

Find what works for you tho xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.