Someone help me

Posted , 7 users are following.

I am dealing with a constant problem now. My head feels light headed, weak, shakey, spaced out. I feel like I could pass out any moment. I haven't had a good nights rest in forever. I feel so tired but I can go to sleep. Now I am starting to get headaches. Sweaty palms. I am getting to where I can't function. I've had an MRI, EKG, and all sorts of blood work. I just started taking Zoloft Afro the last two days and it seems that it's making me worse i don't know what to do I feel like I'm going to die!

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I am experiencing also your symptoms. Before I started my anxiety attacks months ago, I have this terrible experience when my heart skip a beat for 1 second. It's the first time. I am thinking I have some heart problem or so. Months pass, there's some recurring headaches and I got easily get tired. Yeah I'm thinking too much and stress have already controlled my body. That's the time I am feeling backaches and all the body aches possible. I become paranoid that there's something wrong with my body. Then one night, I have this nightmare. I think I'm awake but I cannot move my body. I prayed that moment until I wake up. I feel dizzy and had headaches. I never returned to sleep that night until sunrises. After few hours, my right eyes became blurred and I'm disoriented. After a few days, I went to opto to check my eyes and said everything's fine but it's still blurry. After few weeks, I went to cardiologist to check my heart because everytime I go to sleep my heart beats faster and I can't breath feeling I gonna die. I'm very exhausted everytime because I always fall asleep at 3am. The doctor run some test including blood test, ecg, 24 hr monitoring device attached to my body. Well everything's Ok. The doc didn't gave me meds. He said it is all in my mind that's making trick on me. He advised me not to drink coffee and stop thinking stressful thing. Now I'm starting to regain myself and hopefully I can do it. PS I'm on meds for my back injury, this is before these all things happened. So keep smile and kick those negative thoughts away!
  • Posted

Hi Jordan, I am so sorry you're going through all of this. I am having a hard time adjusting to Zoloft, too. It is giving me anxiety which stops me from sleeping, too. I would recommend talking to your doctor about getting something to help you sleep and to help the anxiety.

I am not a doctor but since I have this same problem, I have done a lot of research about anxiety relief. I found an anti-histamine called Hydroxyzine. It helps me sleep and it takes away my anxiety. You will need a larger dose at night for sleeping, and a smaller dose for during the day, if you're having more anxiety then. If I take some at night, I find that I don't wake up with any anxiety.

Like I said, I am not a doctor and I am only telling you about this because it helps me. Make sure to tell your doctor that you can't sleep and you're very anxious, and ask them what they suggest. They might try giving you Valium or something else that's addictive. That would also work but it isn't as safe as using an anti-histamine. It's up to you, but I would ask them if they know anything about Hydroxyzine. Hopefully they will prescribe it for you so you can finally calm down and get some rest. Best of luck.

• Posted

Jordan

i believe your symptoms are the side effects of Zoloft.  It is true what everyone says.  It gets worse before it gets better.  I have been on this med since April and am now only beginning to feel better.  

Lynda

• Posted

What were the results from the MRI and EKG ? Our minds are playing tricks on us. The more we have weird symptoms the more we dwell on those thinking it's something worst than it is. Shoot I've been having all sorts of symptoms and most recent is lightheaded. Burning and tingling in my head. Which scares the sh*t out of me. I'm sick of it all I don't want to take meds but for now a little Xanax and just started lexapro a few days ago. Trying to stay busy going on walks/jogs/ swimming something that is soothing. I own my own salon and I am booked everyday. It's a great thing and I'm very happy and proud. But my anxiety is defiantly becoming dabilating and I can not let that happen. So I'm trying. But I feel ya I can barley sleep either. My mind wonders before i go to bed and I am so exhausted but mind isn't tired. I mean believe me all I want to do is sleep but I don't want to have to knock myself out with sleeping pills bc they make me scared that I won't wake up or groggy the next Morning. But the less sleep we have the worse so gotta figure something out. Soo frusating tho I hate this all and in sick of it. My doctors have asked me if I'm suicidal and I'm like are you freakik serious I'm so afraid of death that I keep thinking something is wrong with me and that i am sick or have a tumor or something. Death is beyond scary to me and I just want to live a long healthy life. Noway I don't want that I want to make sure that I'm ok!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.