Someone help me out

Posted , 3 users are following.

So I have had ptsd for a while now last year I suffered a full term stillbirth after that I started having bad panic attacks and my ptsd flared up the question here is I've never suffered with it before my stillbirth but I see floaters and I also see coloured lines and squiggles etc my eyes have been looked at and they said there perfect someone suggested to me it could be caused by trauma and your seeing these symptoms anyone else suffer like this? Because I'm literally about to go insane I also experience swaying like symptoms so it feels like when I'm standing still in swaying but I'm not. It's doing my head in and I'm on the verge of a mental breakdown.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hello Laura

i am very sad to learn about your stillbirth and the trauma involved.

I also note your PTSD, bad panic attacks and the "swaying". 

Firstly I would suggest that you have tests such as blood, urine, x ray and scans etc in order to rule out any physical problem. It is good that you had your eyes checked out and that the result has eliminated anything serious.

Those who suffer PTSD can have a wide range of different issues. I have suffered PTSD for a very long time. In reality, I do not know what to expect when i open my eyes in the morning.

My case includes other mental illnesses including periods of severe depression, terrible anxiety and bi-polar condition.

About two years ago, I started to have awful night sweats and my bed would be absolutely soaking. It is a very debilitating to say the least. My GP (who is great to me) sent me for a load of tests but the problem remained unresolved.

I often have night terrors and daily flashbacks. Months later, my GP concluded that the heavy sweating was probably due to trauma and there was no medication available for this. However, a very strange thing occurred. 

I happened to go to sleep in a different bedroom one night and amazingly the night sweats compleately stopped. It was a massive relief and it showed that PTSD can 'manifest' in countless different ways.

I'm intrigued by the "swaying" that you mention Laura. But you do not say if you are taking any medication for your mental ill-health. (I'm on a huge cocktail)

So many people with mental illness do not like taking meds. I do understand this but if I didn't have prescribed medication I would be in a spine-chilling state.

I have often suffered severe depression but three years ago I encountered the worst anxiety of my life. Like you, i was pulling my hair out. I just wanted to die as the pain was immeasurable.

Thankfully I eventually received meds that brought much relief. I thanked the Lord because I was on the verge of taking my life.

I do not know what i can add to your desperate condition, as your post is very brief.

I will end by reiterating that PTSD can cause a whole host of things. I hope you get to see your doctor again - you need to do so as soon as possible.

God Bless

John

• Posted

Hi John,

I'm sorry to here of your suffering, I'm currently pregnant so I'm constant having bloods taken and urine but everything is completely normal everything.

I was on sertraline for a week worst thing ever so I haven't taken anything for over a year and I want it to stay like that.

I've never experienced swaying or panic attacks until after my stillbirth then my ptsd got extremely worse I had panic attacks I still struggle to go out the door because my anxiety kicks in and I think I'm going to collapse.

I think the house I live in is too much bad memories from me and I definitely think if I was to have a new start in a new house maybe it would ease.

I was only ever told lately that the symptoms I'm having could be down to trauma as a few mental health doctors have suggested this.

• Posted

I think you have to see your doctor you are clearly suffering!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.