Someone help me please, panicking bad.

Posted , 3 users are following.

Ok so I recently started buspar 3 weeks ago.. It works well, then doesn't work.. For the most part though, I don't mind it. Well I went to the doctor today to discuss my holter and echo results.. She said she could find nothing wrong.. My normal testing rate (only had one anxiety pill in my body at this time) was 87.. Lowest was 57. Max was 169. (i thought the max was from a panic attack I recorded but I actually had intercourse that night so im assuming that's what it is). Anyways, she reassured me I'm ok, and even said that my recorded alerts of palps, flutters and pain weren't even related to my heart. (so for those of you who think it's your heart, it really might have absolutely no correlation to it!!) anyways, now the reason I'm panicking..

She upped my buspar to 10mg twice a day, while I was originally on 5.. I feel so insanely dizzy right now that I can barely walk.. Is this normal? I've read a few things that say they were dizzy but it's making me so freaked out and today it just feels like it's not helping.. Do these side effects go away? I really can't handle this dose if this will be constant as I have two young kids and can't be laying down. Luckily my fiance is home with me today..

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Your dose was too low and you need six weeks. This stuff takes time to recinfigure it all. Its not an ssri so its your own anxiety your feeling right now. Did the doc give you some xanax for as needed until this all kicks in?
    • Posted

No she told me she wants me to see the counselor for 3 to 4 times first and then she can prescribe me Xanax if needed.. She just called me back and said if needed I can take it 3 times a day 5 mg then work it up to 10mg twice a day. I have a very low tolerance whenever I up meds for some reason
    • Posted

Ok that sounds good start with three times a day first. And the counselor. You will get thru this be patient. You are really working on it all. Be proud of yourself a bit in all this. This is no easy journey
    • Posted

I'm unsure of going on the meds that lower my HR. My normal was 87, but I was also feeling a bit anxious, the meds were new to my system, so I don't know.. I never needed meds before this, so I don't want to really mess with something as important as my pulse. I'm not getting why she said she could put me on then if I'm within the normal resting rate...

• Posted

Or is that a common prescription for people with anxiety? She thought maybe my HR being down would help my anxiety calm but I don't want to rearrange my entire body's cycle for anxiety. It makes me feel like I would be making a permanent decision to allow anxiety to stay in my body in a way.. I think I'll see how I feel after 4 more weeks, follow up is made so We will see. I was anxious this morning and it was only 92 instead of my normal 116s so.. Hopefully I'm getting there.

• Posted

Give the new dose time to work, three/four weeks. You will get better than now, give the body a chance to get used to the new dose

BOB

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.