Someone help please

Posted , 5 users are following.

Woke up with heart racing!! Iv got pain in my chest n back and down my left arm.. I dunno if I'm overthinking so scared I'm about to die! Like when I move my chest it's like it's locked in pain I can't even explain! My hearts racing for no reason? Why? I feel like I'm about to stop breathing

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

If your heart is racing then its not a heart attack. When you have a heart attack, your heart slows and stops. Try downloading a heart rate app on your phone.
  • Posted

hi Michaela. chest pain, especially if radiates to other organs/areas is always frightening. however, to to ensure nothing else untowards is going on, give 111 (NHS non emergency numebr) a ring and they'll take u through a questionaire & reassure u.

all good wishes

Caitlin

• Posted

Hi michaela i have this ever other day recently started of with beeathlessness the other day on the way home from work i was on the bus feeling absolutely fine the all of a sudden round my heart area i felt a burning hot sensations felt like my chest was tightening felt like my head was being squeezed at both of my temples i had to get of the bus asap then i felt sh*tty for another few hours even when i spoke i felt out of breath first thing i though of was a heart attack hope u find a solution and get the help you need im scared of going to see my doctor incase he says its something bad
  • Posted

Fight or flight sydrome.  You are in fear.  It is a scary feeling but it will not hurt you.  These are all symptoms induced by fear.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.