Someone please give me hope it will be ok

Posted , 5 users are following.

I have been in a relationship with a great girl for about 9 months. I have been seeing a therapist for a while and recently started celexa 10mg. I know it will take a while for it to kick in, but I am afraid of never will. A couple of months ago, I was completely crazy about my girlfriend. She went away for about 10 days, and when she returned I started to get anxious around her. There are times when I don't want to kiss her or see her, and I feel so guilty about it. I have lost interest in a lot of things, and I can't even remember things I enjoy doing. My therapist tells me it will go away with time and exposure, and the anxiety is mostly gone now. But I still don't feel super attached. I don't generally attach well to anyone, but I always did with her. I am having a hard time cuddling and kissing her when I feel like I am lying. I would literally give anything to feel happy and connected to her again, will medication help with this? Has anyone else ever been through this? I feel so alone and I am scared to hurt her. Even though I can't feel love right now, I thought I was in love with her just a couple of months ago.

2 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I've been on venlafaxine for years and only recently I disconnected from people.  I can't relate or interact with any zeal with anyone including people I'm close to.  I used to be able to.  therefore, maybe again I will.  Perhaps it's a matter of new antidepressants like going on citalopram recently kicking in and doing their job.  My addition of abilify hopefully will do something about that.  Once it does I'll let you know to give you some hope that you can feel again and connect with your partner.  Be patient.
  • Posted

Hailey, it sounds like your partner is extremely depressed. It's so hard, but I would never be able to leave my partner of kids were involved. I've been very open about this with my partner, and she is scared of the relationship ending... As am I. I am pretty much willing to do whatever I have to do to get back to the way things were.
  • Posted

I think give your some time, talk to her openly what you are passing through. You dont need medicine I feel, you need a vacation, away from every thing else you will be fine. But then if you dont feel satisfied at all consulting doc is the best solution.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.