Someone please help

Posted , 4 users are following.

I don't know exactly what's happening to me and it's hard to explain. Um, for the past two months, I began thinking that I have all of the mental illnesses that I have to a point that I couldn't able to function. I was scared that I have OCD, Anxiety disorder, delusional disorders and etc to a point that my anxiety went through the roof. I thought to myself that to get rid of anxiety and etc, I need to seperate between thoughts and feelings. I began to experiment with my feelings, and I began to have tremors, stress and pain that are connected to the good feelings in regards to sleep, day dreaming, sex and so on to a point that I couldn't do any of these things. I know that it may sounds odd or f****d up, but I feel like I have destroyed my mind and my nervous system. What could it be? Is it somatoform disorder or something? I just want my mind and my feelings to go the way they were. I'll give you an example. Yesterday, I was able to cry with tears and feelings like any normal human being. But then, some feeling or thought suggest that I couldn't be able to cry and what do you know? I couldn't able to cry. Not even a single tear or the feeling. I'm trying to force myself to cry but no good. I don't know what to do. Please, help me.

1 like, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Worrying about having a mental illness is a form of hypochondria. 

What it sounds like to me is that you've had these ill mental thoughts, gotten so worked up about it being anxiety disorder, OCD, etc. that you've tried to break apart from the thoughts. But in doing so, you might have developed something called a Dissociation Disorder, in which someone will create barriers between feelings and emotions to "cope". I say this because it sounds like, in particular, your inability to cry and the negativity that surrounds things that should be "pleasurable" sounds like you've completely detached from your emotions.

You should definitely go and see a psychiatrist. They can help you find what's best for you to start exploring your emotions again so that you can function.

As for the thoughts, just try and keep them at peace. Sure, they'll happen, but remember that you can beat this. Also - what works for me is I will write down why I think I deserve my life to end - most of the time, I can't fill in a single word so I show myself that my life is worth living and I'm not so bad a human as I make myself believe.

Best of luck and I really hope you get this sorted, it's a really painful (and confusing) thing to go through.

• Posted

The psychiatrist told me that I have both OCD and anxiety disorder. I mean, it does feel like my feelings and emotions are gone at the moment. I kept on thinking about my feelings and so on to a point that they're gone. I also kept on thinking about my tremors and etc to a point that they happen every now and then whenever I try to think and feel something. What is it do you think and can it be reversed? Should I get a brain scan or something?

• Posted

Hi Mohammed,

it's certainly on the anxiety spectrum. Yes, when you say it it might sound bizzare but what I'm going through is similar in many respects. Firstly I know what you're saying about how the worry and stress has destroyed your sleep and stuff like day dreaming, sex. For me I cannot think properly at the minute, and whenever I go to perform any task I kind of have a very strange sensation saying that something is wrong. And by a task i mean anything. I also have a difficulty thinking about certain concepts.

Would it resonate if I said your 'flow state' has been disrupted?

What I'm experiencing is a form of hypervigilant OCD as an off shoot of anxiety and I've had similar episodes over the years. What you need is rest, although I know it's easier said than done with this thing. However you should also talk to your doctor and seek out literature on how to self manage anxiety disorders.

Al

• Posted

I couldn't feel any happiness or anything other than some pain and discomfort in my legs. Please, my GP is just giving me medication which is isn't helping. I don't even have the ability to cry anymore nor enjoy my life. I don't want to die or anything like that either. Please, just tell me what should I be doing? Should I do DBS or ECT or something to get my feelings back? Please, I'm very desperate.

• Posted

Yes. The flow of happiness and other emotions and feelings in regards to day dreaming and so on are gone..How to bring them back?
    • Posted

It's overworked nerves Mohammed. I know how disturbing it all feels, genuinely. that does mean it won't come back overnight and anyone who tells you otherwise is lying. But it does mean that it's all still There, you haven't lost anything they are worn down over time and will correct in time also. Try not to work yourself up over it as this will do nothing for it. I'm also on medications but they're are not a magic bullet, they are meant to make the journey smoother.

Al

• Posted

At the minute all I have when I think and do anything is a stress reaction in my chest and abdomen. Even stuff that's supposed to be fun.

• Posted

Me too. Should I get a brain scan or something? Does rTMS work?
    • Posted

I was considering going private for brain scan but I have a psych referral coming up next week

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.