Someone please help, I can't cope with the pain anymore

Posted , 8 users are following.

I'm 19 years old and I suffer with ibs, sereve anxiety and I also have coelic disease. For about 4 years I've had this horrendous pain in my stomach. I feel sick all day everyday. Someone days it's ok and some days it's unbearable. I've had ultrasounds, blood tests, been on so many different medications and seen countless amount of doctors and they have all come to nothing. The pain became so bad the other day that I had to go to hospital and all they could say was that it was my ibs. I was prescribed Omeprazole and then linaclotide and Domperidone later by my doctor. I've been on these a couple of weeks now and seemed to have got better and also been eating better but yesterday I had a really bad bout of diarrhea which made my stomach pain flare up and since then I feel sick all day every day. I can't eat or sleep properly, all just seems like one big circle but I really can't cope with this anymore. The pain panics attacks me which makes my anxiety worse just fed up of feeling sick all day every day. Someone please help me. I can't do this anymore! 

1 like, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

Sounds horrible. When you think things cant be worse someone else has it worse than you. I am so sorry to hear what you are going through. I think there are natural herbs that can help you instead of all these prescription that help one thing but creates another problem. First try a finger length of garlic cut up and 8 pieces of garlic in a kettle bring to a boil and allow to cool. Drink 3 cups a day. No sugar...for 7 days . You can also drink peppermint tea and chamomile tea these help calm the stomach and stop diarrhea. Stay away from all foods that give you problems
  • Posted

I just want to throw this out there . Anyone that is having stomach issues should always check their b 12 levels and their vitamin d levels. These are very crucial to nutrients being absorbed into your body. All gi docs should also check the acid levels in your stomach before diagnosis.
    • Posted

OH YEs. and cut down on meet and carbohydrates and increase green vegetables. If you want fruit no more than one piece a day.
  • Posted

They have come ujp with nothing because they look at flesh and bones and it is not a structural problem. This is about your gut flora. You need to eat the right things to put it right.

Say no to SUGAR, ALCOHOL, PROCESSED AND REFINED FOODS, JUNK FOOD, SALT,

Say yes to LIVE NATURAL YOGHURT - NOT THE ONE THAT IS PROCESSED WITH SUGAR AND FRUIT - BIOTICS - AT LEAST ONE EVERY DAY -

A MULTI VITAMIN EVERY DAY - A MAGNESIUM AND POTASSIUM SUPPLEMENT EVERY DAY (AS THE MULTI VITS NEVER CONTAIN ENOUGH OF THIS)

3 HIGH DOSE FISH OIL CAPSULES, THREE FIBRE CAPSULES, EVERY DAY.

I WAS THE SAME AS YOU AND IT TOOK ME ABOUT A MONTH TO GET RIGHT. THEN I HAD THE ODD TWINGE THEN A FEW MONTHS LATER TOTALLY FINE.

YES IT NEEDS WORK. BUT IT IS WORTH IT.

• Posted

Hello Shannon,

Sorry to read the above, I am going through the EXACT same problems as you and have been now for a year to date in fact!

I wish I had the answer but unfortunately I am no further forward and have tried a huge list of different things but none of them have worked to date, i have also undergone, colonoscopy, endoscopy, stool & blood tests and ultrasound ALL CLEAR.

Out of interest, are you a busy person? Do you feel you just don't stop and rest ? Thats the only thing that I think mine might be - I feel run down alot but never have time to stop and it seems to be worse at the breaking points if you know what i mean?

• Posted

Hi Jenny,

Sorry to hear your going through the same thing. At the moment I'm not as I'm feeling so ill but when I was busy it almost made the pain better.

• Posted

Hi Shannon, sorry to hear how sick u are. Have u been checked for H pylori? I ended up having this plus a sliding hiatus hernia and gastritis which caused me a whole lot of pain in my tummy! Also ask to be put on Esomeprazole ......they cost a whole lot more than ones u r on but they work much better. Also drink a probiotic drink everyday and change your diet to gluten free.......see how u go and let me know! Good luck, hope this helps. X
  • Posted

how are you doing these days with your stomach Shannon? hope better?

kindest regards

Lynne.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.