someone please help I have the worst anxiety in my throat and no one understands. pls some1 relate..

Posted , 7 users are following.

i'm only a 17 year old girl and I've had a camera down my throat and had my doctor look at it and all is clear they diagnosed me with anxiety and i'm starting my medicine soon. my symptoms are I feel like I can't breath when I breath in through my nose or it feels like I have too much cold air in there like I just ran in 20 degree weather, I get really creepy cold sensations in my throat and sometimes it burns or sometimes I feel like i'm choking and it makes me want to gag and sends me into a full blown panic attack. does anyone else have these symptoms?? I feel so alone in this.. my doctor says I have globus sensation but I don't feel a lump.. do you think it's still globus sensation? all these feelings in my throat bother me soooo much and i'm so hypersensitive about it ugh sad just need some advice or people to relate with me. thanks.

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I get relate to what you have gone through but I know when im having a bad day I feel like i have a lump in my and its there for a while and its scary Im not medically trained my love so im not sure what a globulus sensation is I can only share the feeling of having a "lump" in my throat anxiety is a pain in the butt causing many uncomfortable sensations
  • Posted

Hi lily 

i can relate i get a lump in my throat and i get the anxieties. The lump in my throat is due to being sad or anxiuos or when i feel like crying. 

I do not know what globus is but the anxieties and panic attacks make it hard for me to breathe thats because we are breathing shallow when we need to do some deep breathing 

Hang in there you will be fine 

Elizabeth

• Posted

Did anyone suffer from tightness around the neck or feeling as though your being choked pressure under the ears voice hoarseness or strain to speak I'm loosing it and my anxiety is so bad I keep thinking the worse I have a dr appt wensday it can't come sooner I looked on Google and it said horrible things that just freaked me out more I should have knowned better I feel so alone in this and all I do is cry and think the worse life has been so hard to deal with this

• Posted

i literally feel the exact same way emily sad my worst fear now is not even that im dying its just that im gonna have to be sent to the hospital and all they can do is give me xanax or something and ill still have to live with this feeling of me being crazy forever.. idk if i can live with this forever. if the lexapro doesnt work idk what im gonna do this is awful. i went through this same thing last yeear but it went away kinda so im hoping it goes away this time too im really scared it wont UGh i wish i could just stop thinking about my throat for once in my life and not go through panic attacks and fear the worst ever freaking day i cant take it anymore!!!!!!!
    • Posted

Can your Mom get you into cbt (cognitive behavioral therapy) . It will help you a lot. 
  • Posted

Lily I just joined this site for the very same reason I'm also in the same boat as you I'm twentyeight and ive had anxiety and oanic disorder since I was young and depression recently I also been feeling the tight throat lump thing I been freaking out for weeks over it went to the er now wensday I'm going to get checked by a ear nose and throat Dr my mom passed away two years ago from throat cancer so now I think I have it I'm living in a anxiety hell over it trust me I know what your going through I pray to god I found out it's the lump in the throat anxiety I read about at least I would know then its not cancer I'm here if you want to talk

Emily

• Posted

im so sorry about your mom and if they said you were fine at the er i assure you you are and the ent will prob say the same yes its sooooo good to find someone who relates to me  feel free to like text me or message me or something if you want to bc i really need someone who understands what im going throough. i know its hard to believe that its nothing when it feels like something sooo real and maybe medicine like lexapro will help me and if you want to try you too. i know its nothing in reality bc it goes away when i dont think about it but when i do its horrid and it makes me wanna be rushed to the hospital and its the worst bc im so scared that i feel like i cant even talk about it or tell anyone what im feeling bc its just soooo hard for people w/o anxiety like me to understand.. please feel free to talk to me and we can reassure eachother i really need someone who gets it. thanks.
    • Posted

Hey lily just saw your messages now . I'm thankful to find someone dealing with similar issues not for your suffering but just to find someone who can relate and know the feeling I'm going through I been suffering to hun and trust me I know all the stuff that must run threw your mind I also had this year's ago as well it went away but every so often catches up with ya again and then you end up going through hell till your mind learns to forget it its crazy how much the mind can play tricks on ya and it's very powerful lately I been a wreck crying often and feeling so scared and it sucks not having anyone that understands its so hard to describe and put what I'm feeling into words then when i saw your post I related right away
    • Posted

Lily I was wondering if you also have other fears or phobias or is it always surrounding your throat? In the past they said I had intrusive thoughts disorder it was unwanted thoughts that would consume me on certain subjects and I'd become obsessed over them and scared like for example when my anxiety comea back around in life at a high like this I start thinking I have cancers or I'm gonna die and its like living in fear then the depression follows it's a cycle that I been dealing with for years but when I do have a moment when it goes away I live it up to the fullest because this ATM is just hell I couldn't wish it on my worst enemy really my dr put me on Zoloft I was on ativan for the anxiety two years ago but took my self off that seemed to help with the thought process and more in the area of helping u forget or keep u from thinking of the throat issue which was nice at times I think about getting back on I start the Zoloft Tuesday so I hope it helps just remember ur not alone in this I'm right there with you I understand completely
    • Posted

I am sorry to hear about your mom, we all are in a same boat,I am taking ecitalopram 10 mg twice a day, for last 6 months, before that anxiety attacks I was normal but lump kinda sensation in throat is old I remember in my early teen age now I am 29years old, it is all in our brain,medication will work when we are strong to face every up and down,be positive sweetie,don't get afraid of anything,we might get worse(Allah forbid) in future so why not thankful to present situation, stay strong and blessed aameen take care mwah
    • Posted

Haha I got this phobia when I was diagnosed with polycystic ovarian disease, when I searched on google about it I started to think that I am very suffering with a big disease lol even before starting anti depressant I was afraid of word death die dead etc lol

And when I got stomach issues last year I thought It will be back again in same month of this year, and I don't wear those dresses which I wore during illness lol funny crap though anxious one too but somewhat strong now

Why not we make our own group in whatsapp ? Anybody who interested message me their number,onlY ladies please

There we can share other happy moments also ,because it is not good to discuss onlY disease or bad events... take care all stay healthy my dear girls

• Posted

YES lol before this throat thing i was convinced i had a brain tumor, throat cancer, and was going to die of a heart attack. my throat issue didnt start until way after the panic attacks so i am pretty sure it is a physical symptom 
    • Posted

That's me completely lol! Wow ive also thought the heart attacks I got tons of heart test done brain tumor yes thought that one cancer in random places yep it sucks doesn't it ive thought all of these and they stayed with me for alot of time untill another subject came up in ways i learned to deal was to avoid topics of that disease completely untill I let it go or either forgot about which is hard to do because seemed to wake up everyday with the throat thing first thing that pops in my mind sorry for the typos I'm using my cell still getting use to the keys
    • Posted

Haha well anxiety is such a crazy thing. do you ever get like burning or just like cold weird feelings and sensations in your throat? cus I've had the lump before but now I tend to get all these other weird sensations that scare me more and no one seems to understand how scary and real they feel sad

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.