SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME IM DROWING IN MY THOUGHTS

Posted , 7 users are following.

I have been diagnosed with anxiety and depression recently. Everyday is a struggle, some days worse than others and tonight I'm having a VERY VERY BAD ONE. I am nearly 100% sure I am suffering from OCD, as whenever the irrational doubts and intrusive thoughts pop into my head, which is virtually all day everyday for the past 3 weeks, I then start to have an anxiety attack which leads me to research things to reassure myself , this I believe is my compulsion! Please help me I can't live like this any longer it's making me ill, I feel crazy and worthless. I need comfort and reasurance 

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

The desire to check for reassuance is very common with anxiety, its not necessarily ocd. Its a very natural thing to do, but it's not wise. We all do it, or have done,  but its best avoided. Speaking to a gp and arranging some therapy will help you greatly I think
  • Posted

hi alice, if your googling for a symptoms checker or what you feel everytime your anxiety attacks you.  pls dont!!!! cause you will find serious illness and life threatening dease.  if i were you just go to your gp and makes some a test pr screening. 

make yourself busy,  change your lifestyle,

cheers! 

• Posted

I have been diagnosed with anxiety after a panic attack a couple weeks ago and since then i have felt just like u like its an everyday battle like the meds work but the side effects scare me and make me worry more so I get to freaking out again and up everything online which does nothing but make anxiety worse its something thats obviously gonna take time patience and relaxing 2 deal with
  • Posted

Arrgg don't google huni I have done this in the past drive me insane and also I suffered a massive panic attack through google diagnosing me with silly illnesses  you can have a sore toe type it in google and it will come up with cancers lol so don't do it... I've controlled my panic attacks throught yoga and breathing excersise you should try theses it worked for me straight away also diet very important lots of fruit veg and oats does the trick smile xx hope this helped you 
    • Posted

your right dear.!!!  cheers to that! like me i had a muscle tenderness, sore throat,etc. when i google it turns out its an aids/hiv symptoms. ahahha.  and i had a bruise and nose bleed it turns its leukemia and cancer.  i went to my gp she said my muscle tenderness and back pain because i lift heavy objects in wrong position. and my sore throat and cough its because  i have colds, nose bleed bec its very hot and too much blowing my nose. hahaha so alice dont google it!!!  do yoga and breathing exercise helps you a lot.  specially when your experiecing anxiety. 
  • Posted

Hi

Use Google to look up celebrities, not as a symptom checker. I'm sure everyone here has done it, myself included, but rest assured that although we have checked to see what false deadly disease we have, we are still alive and kicking weeks, months or years after reading them.

The best people to give you reassurance if you REALLY want it is your GP. But you are not alone here so don't lose your mind

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.