Someone please help me with my PR!

Posted , 5 users are following.

I was diagnosed a month ago had patches all over my back and then small red spots spread across my sides to my torso and then up my chest and neck and now down my arms.  The drs put me on a 14 day steroid pill and told me to take benadryl for the itch. 

The itch is so extreme I rarely sleep at nighg. I sleep with a back scratcher and scratch myself raw and almost to the point of bleeding. Nothing helps. Benadryl -loratadine -hydroxyzine  all have zero results. Coconut oil has helped a tiny bit on my back but makes my chest burn. 

I’m going to try head and shoulders as suggested.  I live in Alaska so we don’t get much sun to sit out in. Heat makes it worse so am afraid to do tanning.  Help me please! 

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Danielle,

I think it would be worth trying the Preeze as suggested by others. It might offer you relief. The one thing you don’t want to do is scratch it. My doctor said it won’t scar if you leave it alone, but will scar of you scratch it (like chicken pox). I have had it for 6 weeks and it is much better. I took nightly oatmeal/epsom salt baths (1 cup each in lukewarm water) then rubbed my entire body with coconut oil mixed with myrrh (3 tablespoons coconut and 3 teaspoons myrrh). Some nights were really hard to handle because my skin would burn. On those nights I would take Benadryl, which helped. I am now moving into the final stage and although an occasional new appt will show up, most have already dried up and are disappearing. My doctor recommended Vanicare cream, which is great. It is thick and puts a protective coating over my skin. I don’t know if this would have helped I’m the early stages, but it is a great cream. I use it all over my body after bathing and before bed. Good luck! Hang in there and try not to scratch it. And make sure to drink lots of water to keep your skin hydrated. 

• Posted

Danielle,

Do NOT scratch your skin no matter how bad it itches. Pat or slap your skin to alleviate the itching sensation. Do NOT SCRATCH. That could leave permanent scars and worsen the condition in general.

What I'm doing right now, because I currently has a severe case of PR, is wearing as little clothes as possible. Drinking as much water as possible. Moisturizing my body with anything that moisturizes your skin (cocoa butter, coconut oil, Prreze, oils, lotions, Vaseline) AS OFTEN AS HUMANLY POSSIBLE. I'm a greaseball 24/7 right now. I'm taking an allergy pill every day. That should help with the itch. I'm also taking a multitude of vitamins, anything to make myself healthier and strengthen my immune system. I'm not working out, because I don't want to sweat. I'm trying to stay as cold as possible, without getting myself sick.

I'm also bathing in oatmeal, tea tree oil, apple cider vinegar, and head and shoulders every other day. And I am washing my whole body with head and shoulders in addition to soaking in it in a bath.

This is all I've been doing. I have not been taking any steroid creams or pills or anything like that. And I'm pretty sure my condition is getting better.

• Posted

I had PR 2 years ago. Found a woman online who said get on a sunbed NOW!.... I had 6 minutes on an infra-red sunbed (good for skin problems etc)..... within 24 hours it was 70% gone..... a few more sunbeds and it was gone. I was nearly 4 weeks in and suffering terribly.

Lucky me.....it's just returned..... well.... I have my herald patch. I've been having a few minutes on the sunbed here and there......seems to be suppressing it.....

I will keep e.one posted.

X

• Posted

I tried the tanning. Didn't do a thing for me. Please keep us informed. It is extremely unusual for it to come back, but then it is unusual to get it in the first place!!!

• Posted

Hi

Update as promised..... my herald patch didn't get a chance to get any bigger..... it's now gone completely. No rash.

I cured it before it could even get chance!

So happy :-)

• Posted

I am a young guy, and I came down with a rash that had me going crazy. It started with a small itchy patch and grew into a monster that attacked my skin with ugly raised circles that looked like ringworm. I go to the gym almost every day, and people would look at me as though I had the plague. Women who were blowing up my Facebook suddenly wouldn't give me the time of day. The dermatologist did a biopsy and said it was this Pityriasis stuff, and that there was nothing I could do but wait. I did extensive research and scoured the internet for a cure some help something anything!! I went online and found this cream called PrrEze, they are everywhere, and the reviews were great. Some people said it was expensive, but it was less than 50 bucks, a lot less than I spend on a daily basis on gas food etc. It cleared me in a week. I still have some spots that are slowly fading, like their info says, but the rash is gone and the girls and my confidence are back. I can't thank them enough for helping me with my skin! If you have PR cure it with Preeze!!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.