SOMEONE PLS HELP my story +concerned about clicking joints and petichae (red dots)

Posted , 2 users are following.

i have had mono for 3 months now testing positive on a monospot test in feb it started with sore throat and terrible stomach pain that still hasnt gone away, no matter what i have eaten i cant maintain my weight it feels like i just get thinner and thinner and more pale 'my pain has now moved into my ribs (burning pain sensation) and neck where my lymph nodes are swollen i am debilitated exhausted all the time but also have terrible insomnia and night sweats, shaky legs and hands i have had brain fog and overall weakness, just recently 3 days ago i have had small pin prick red dots appear on my body in random places not clustered. im told its called petichae and im terrified my arms feel weak and every time i bend my elbows in my arms it pops and crackles, someone please tell

me you have had similar issues, this is the worst thing ive ever been through

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

I'm so sorry about your symptoms Jim!

They sound truly awful. I haven't had all of them, but I sympathize deeply, having had pain in my stomach and chest and a sore throat since August. I also have started having very clicky, popping joints (particularly shoulders and low back). I think that around 3 months in was the worst time for my symptoms, which really started to improve at 5 or 6 months, so I'm praying yours start getting better soon. The weakness is very normal for mono even though it does feel terrible, and as for the petechiae, that is a not uncommon symptom for many viral infections, even just flu.

Hang in there, we're on your team and all trying to get through this thing!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.