Someone to chat to? Health Anxeity

Posted , 7 users are following.

For the past 6 months now 8 have suffered from a lot of pain in my chest and arm generally the left i have been told numerous times by numerous doctors that its all good and its probably just a muscular problem. Plus i have had numerous tests to give me a piece of mind. Since this started though i have been having a lot of anxeity and depression, im constantly thinking about my heart and the pain im getting. I can go for a week or 2 without worrying then out if the blue i get a pain and im worrying again. At the moment im not coping well whenever i do anything simple that uses my mucles on my left im in pain. Im only 17 and really frustrated with myself i dont understand how i can be in so much pain. Anyone else suffer with pain? Im feeling really down at the moment and it would probably benefit me to talk to people with similar problems? Or just to talk to anyone. My family and friends are sick of hearing me talk about pain then just think im making up or im exaggerating. I dont know what to do.

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Hi I find the best thing to get through the pain is to relax ,as the more you worry the worst it gets so tell your self that's it is just the anxiety and nothing else . Also try breathing in through your nose till the count of 4 and out through your mouth count of 4 . I also find a hot bath with stress release radox in it and I have my favourite happy music playing as this stops me thinking of what's going on

Good luck xxxx

• Posted

Thanks for the reply, ill try having a bath good idea since i only usually have a shower x
  • Posted

I've suffered anxiety most my life and when I was younger I had all the symptoms linked with heart disease but it was always put down to anxiety...its never easy to deal with when your convinced it's something more serious. ..as long as you've had all the necessary checks and they given the all clear then you will be able to manage your anxiety but it does take time so stick with it xx
    • Posted

Yeah im just finding it hard at the moment. Ive got to give it time i supposex
    • Posted

It's not easy and I do sympathise with you because I know exactly how you feel having gone through it myself...I didn't suffer for years but recently suffered a traumatic experience and it affected my anxiety quite badly so I'm going through it again myself
  • Posted

Hi! Just read your post and I know what you are going through, I have been dealing with some of the same symptoms... Mine started across my chest about 3 months ago and down my arms and now it's in my hips and down my legs also, the right side is worse for me, just feels all sore especially when I use them.... I have googled and have had all sorts of muscular diseases, I have much anxiety and depression from it, something I've never had before, have been checked by my doctor and she is telling me it's ally anxiety... I wish I could just believe that... It's so hard and I just wanted to tell you I no what your going through!
    • Posted

Yeah i understand. Everything, every pain i had used to not even bother me but since this ive just been a bloody nervous wreck! Im sick of it
  • Posted

Demi you are not alone I'm 28 and have been suffering with chest pain for 6 Months the Same as you i also have pain in my arms I've been told now that it's nerve pain but like you everyone is bored of me Which makes us Feel worse. Do not let the Anxiety get the Better of you or you will Spend so much Time worrying your life will pass you by without Knowing it .there's always Someone here to Talk to x
    • Posted

Thankyou, i know ive been trying really hard but its soo difficult to keep my mind away from the pain because its so bad x
    • Posted

believe me i Know How hard it is so I'm a fine One to Talk just Don't feel your on your own because there's plenty of people Going through the Same thing as us x
  • Posted

Here's a tip next time you feel the pain in your arm/chest (if you're somewhere yoy can): do some kind of exercise, like push-ups. If it was a heart problem (which you've been assured it isn't), you would physically feel worse for exericising.

What will happen is that you will force your brain to override the belief that there is a physical problem: ''I've just done 30 pushups and I haven't had a heart attack, it can't be my heart!''. Also exercise is in my experience the aboslute best cure for anxiety both short term and long time.

• Posted

Yeah id definitely like to start exercising more, im unfit maybe thats a lot of my problem, thanks! X

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.