Something appeared in throat

Posted , 3 users are following.

So there is this thing in the middle of my throat that just suddenly appeared there and has never been there before. It’s in the middle of my throat towards the back. It’s white and kind of looks like a bone. When I swallow I can feel it and it feels like a pill stuck in my mouth

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

If it is attached to your tonsils, it could just be a tonsil stone.

Not knowing where it is, or what it looks like I couldn't say for sure though. I'm obviously not a doctor either. biggrin

• Posted

Is it hanging down from the back of your throat? Could it be your uvula is infected? You may have a bacterial infection,so if it gets worse do see a doctor.
  • Posted

Ah,now I see what it is.........its your epiglottis,which is the flap which stops food going down the wrong way into your lungs.     I think you may have epiglottitis....an inflammation of the epiglottis.   Usually caused by bacterial infection,which can become serious if the swelling becomes large. I think you have other patches of infection in your throat as well. You need to see a doctor for assessment, but if you feel you are beginning to struggle to breathe then it is an emergency and if you are in UK dial 999.   Do see a doctor ASAP.
    • Posted

Since the doctors is closed until Monday should I go then or what 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.